• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PSU board - any suggestions?

Here is revision 01 of the psu for this group buy. The board measures 8x18 cm and will be made using a double layered process with 70um copper (just as the F5 boards)

These boards make it possible to use the same components as first watt uses for their psus. I have made the boards long and thin to make them more suitable for mono blocks, where you seldom have that much width to play around with.

I am open for suggestions - I hope we'll converge to a great design. ;)

Attachments

• psu-crc_rev01.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 537
Got a question about components for the PSU

The layout I have made here is for the standard firstwatt style psu. So you'll need:

Onboard:
8 x snap in caps (at least 25V and 15mF more is better)
8 x 0.47 ohm 3W resistors
2 x 2.2k 3W resistors (for discharging caps)

Off board / somewhere else:
2 diode bridges mounted somewhere on the chassis
1 toroid 2x18 300VA
1-2 thermistors for soft starting the toroid
switches, connectors, fuses and all that stuff

This will be enough for a stereo amp or a monoblock, but remember diy people always want to go over the top. ;)

Just update the wiki, or mail me if you have troubles doing that.

Regarding the price, I have mentioned that the amps boards for a stereo set will be $15 plus shipping which is $10.

I expect the price for one psu board will be $15, but that depends on agreeing on one layout for psu instead of several. ;)

I plan on ordering the pcbs sometime during next week and when the boards arrive I'll ask for payment and start shipping. I expect to get the boards and start shipping mid/end of January.

I'm currently working on updating the layout for the amp boards, so that you can more easily fit dale resistors and I'm also doing a bit of cleanup and writing stuff on the silk screen.

I have just discovered that Peter Daniel has chosen to also make F5 boards. His boards are much smaller than mine, which some people prefer.

I would still love to carry on this group buy of my layout, which I of course find better. :D
Particularly the ease of stuffing and heat dissipation is better (IMHO). However since I know a lot of people are very fond of peters boards, I expect that my risk of ordering more than 300 boards would be too big if I went out and bought all the boards before getting payments. So I have to ask for payments before I place the pcb order.

Prices are:
Two F5 boards for one stereo set : $15 or 11euro
PSU board for stereo set: $15 or 11euro
Postage: $10 or 7.5euro

Payment using paypal:
Option one: Send me an email from the forum with "GBF5_ORDER" in the subject and what you want to order in the message - then I'll reply with a paypal request for money.
Option two: Calculate and send the money directly to my paypal ( cvi AT viller DOT eu)

Otherwise:
If you can't use paypal, send me an email and perhaps we can find another way.

I hope that you are all cool with this and we can still make a great group buy together. By the way if you want to know who I am and who will be packing the boards you can see a picture of me and my girl here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1639916#post1639916

I'll try to keep you all updated here on the thread.

If it turns out that I make a large profit from this, I'll naturally donate money to diyaudio.

routhun said:
Have a question about PSU boards, how many PSU boards we need for one stereo set? It looks like one is enough. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Routhun

That is correct.

I would like to hear some feedback on the psu board layout - should it be more square like firstwatt or do you guy like the long version I posted ealier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.