• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Look at the image .i have added capacitors for the power supply +24,-24v

I don't know if it's necessary :eek::eek: it's a suggestion

Serge

Attachments

• F5.JPG
    F5.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 321
Thinking about changes, there are things that could be useful, although they can be accommodate in other ways, like:

1) Extra pads to parallel a second resistor to the mosfet source resistors (R11 R12)
2) pads to add the extra resistor for EUVL degeneration trick
3) pads to allow the connection of two boards together for balanced
4) pads to parallel a second resistor to R1 R2

I understand it's not a big deal to do all the optimization with the actual design, and if it's complicated just forget it, but I think they would make a very versatile board, potentially capable of the monster F5 parallel+balanced.

D.

While you are adding pads, consider pads for a 6 pin header for bias adjustment connections to a ribbon cable.

I learned the hard way, that it is possible to accidentally short something and smoke an amplifier while making probe connections during bias adjustments. To prevent this in the future, I directly soldered 6 wires of a CAT5 cable to my cviller boards, using 1k resistors in series with the connections to prevent possible problems. The cables connect to a 2 pole x 6 position rotary switch. The 2 outputs of the switch connect to a multimeter for adjusting bias. The CAT5 pairs connect to each end of R11, R12, and output/gnd. Everything other than gnd was isolated with a 1k resistor. I will post pictures if you like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.