Gb: F5 Pcb - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2009, 05:20 AM   #501
diyAudio Member

I received my PCB's today. Christian, You do very good work. Thank you, Mr. Pass.

Old 25th January 2009, 02:04 PM   #502
Account disabled at member's request

Default Boards Received

Thanks!
Old 25th January 2009, 04:54 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

Boards are delivered. Thanks, Christian.
Old 25th January 2009, 05:49 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

I tried to make a BOM for power supply. It is the first time for me to build an amp, so I am not sure I am doing it right.
I attached the Digikey part number.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf f5_psu_digikey_bom.pdf (36.2 KB, 250 views)
Old 27th January 2009, 01:57 AM   #505
Shinja is offline Shinja  Japan
diyAudio Member

Default board arrived

they are really nice.
thank you!
Old 27th January 2009, 02:53 AM   #506
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

cviller,

FINALLY got my boards! Thanks for your work on the layout and a BIG thanks to Mr. Pass for his fine work and sharing with the DIY community.

Due to being a Papa myself with two very little ones, I have to take the slow ride on this build. But this will fulfill a wish that has spanned 20 years to have one of Nelson's products sitting in my living room. It seems like yesterday that I was in college and reading Stereophile and amps designed by Nelson Pass.

A word of caution - take a close look at your boards. I noticed a nick at the through-hole for T3 with some bare copper exposed. A bit of solder will take care of it just fine.
Old 27th January 2009, 03:31 AM   #507
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sonidos
cviller,

FINALLY got my boards! Thanks for your work on the layout and a BIG thanks to Mr. Pass for his fine work and sharing with the DIY community.

Due to being a Papa myself with two very little ones, I have to take the slow ride on this build. But this will fulfill a wish that has spanned 20 years to have one of Nelson's products sitting in my living room. It seems like yesterday that I was in college and reading Stereophile and amps designed by Nelson Pass.

A word of caution - take a close look at your boards. I noticed a nick at the through-hole for T3 with some bare copper exposed. A bit of solder will take care of it just fine.

I'm glad you finally got your boards. I know I get get anxiety when I'm waiting for an electronic toy. Upon examining the boards I noticed cviller, like Nelson Pass doesn't use vias so one can easily fix a problem with a thru hole.

When I was in college, in 1979, a guy in the class ahead of me brought in some printed material for a Threshold preamp and amplifier. We were drooling over the stuff we couldn never afford back in those days. I mean we had to hitchhike to school.

I studied electronics technology. Because I loved music and electronics, I couldn't figure out how come the professor wasn't interested showing us about audio amplifiers. So I read boooks.

It wasn't until the early 90's when I got to work with an engineer who designed audio equipment. From him I got a pretty good understanding of how audio amplifiers work. Transistor circuit theory suddenly became much easier for me than the boring stuff in the text books.

I am grateful for this forum, for Nelson's generosity and the people who have the patience and realize some of us don't catch on as fast as others and don't mind answering questions.
Old 27th January 2009, 01:20 PM   #508
vonfilm is offline vonfilm  United States
diyAudio Member

I received my boards last night.

Thank you Christian and Thank you Nelson Pass!
Old 27th January 2009, 04:23 PM   #509
routhun is offline routhun  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi cviller,

I received these nice boards yesterday. Thanks for your great service to the fellow members and thanks again for our beloved the only one - Mr. Nelson Pass for allowing his designs for Diy purposes. BTW, anyone had the link to group buys for heatsinks for F5?

Thanks,
Routhun
Old 28th January 2009, 12:00 PM   #510
cviller is offline cviller  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I just sent boards to ralphono, ccyrus6648, jackh and number9.

And there are still more boards left.

Hide this!Advertise here!