• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to publicly thank Christian for his great work on the F5 boards. I purchased a stereo board from him, and they arrived safely here in the U.S. The quality is excellent and his pdf guideline is great as well, especially his wiring example. I would suggest newbies to build the F5 design first over all other Nelson Pass F series designs as it is the most simple and it is a very, very small board! With moderate amount of gain (15dB) and nice power (25 watts Class A), this should fulfill most diyers needs. Especially those who have sensitive speakers!

Great work Christian and Mr. Pass. :smash:

Many thanks,

Anand.

nycavsr2000, thanks for your kind words - it is fun to do GB with so many honest diy fans. :D

coh-b-pyky, you can see the order information on the wiki. I'm not maintaining the list anymore - I use a database on my computer.

I will be ordering some more boards, so I'll ship the remaining boards according to payment date - the rest will have to wait until I get the next batch.

I'm thinking about ordering the next batch with black solder mask.

Christian,

I'm currently using Peter Daniel's PSU boards which as you know has only two 15,000uf capacitors per board as opposed to four like NP recommends. Do you think I should use 22,000uf/40V capacitors instead with an amplifier like the F5 design?

I was going for dual mono. So there are 4 PSU boards in total, 2 for positive leg and two for the negative leg. Each board would have two 22,000uf capacitors for a total of 88,000 uf per channel.

Anand.

If I understand you correctly, you plan on using one two-cap board per channel instead of one four-cap board for a stereo amp, which is perfectly fine.

If you use twice as many psus with half as much capacitance as recommended, you'll end up with the recommended amount of capacitance. :D

nycavsr2000 said:
I'm currently using Peter Daniel's PSU boards which as you know has only two 15,000uf capacitors per board as opposed to four like NP recommends. Do you think I should use 22,000uf/40V capacitors instead with an amplifier like the F5 design?

There is no need to go with parallel caps. PS board will accept caps up to 40mm in diameter, and you can easily choose suitable sizes, like this one for instance: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P6924-ND

Parts list?

Sorry to bother everyone but I received my F5 boards from Cviller and re-examined the information and posts/ clicked on the links looking for a parts list....did not find one. I have not gone through this thread and re-read everything though, so could have missed it.

Does anyone have parts list (digikey/ mouser part ##s)? If not I will derive one from the schematics but I figured that this has already been done by someone.

Thanks

Thank you Peter, I did just notice the same link on your F5 thread. You are fully prepared as is typical.

EDIT- for others looking at this parts list be aware that there are Excel tabs at the bottom for the amp parts, transistors, and PS parts. So if you think there are parts missing don't forget to click on the tabs at the bottom to get the rest of the parts.

Parts

Having gone through the spreadsheet, I notice that most parts are Mouser and some are digikey.

I offer the following to make them mostly all Mouser.

100 ohm 3 watt resistors
-Mouser 660-MOS3LT631R101J for Digikey P100W-3BK-ND

0.47 ohm, 3 watt resistor
-Mouser 660-MOSX3CT631RR47J for Digikey P0.47W-3BK-ND

2.2K 3 watt resistor
-Mouser 660-MOS3CT521A222J for Digikey P2.2KW-3BK-ND

10 ohm/ 5 amp thermister
-Mouser 871-B57238S100M for Digikey KC006L-ND
or
-Mouser 527-CL60 for Digikey KC006L-ND

I cannot tell the difference between these two Mouser parts and each other or the CL-60 from Digkey.

Also, where is everyone getting the transistors-

2SK370(BL) (same as 2SK170)
2SJ108(BL) (same as 2SJ74)

I dont see them either place.

Re: recommendations??

elecres said:
Hello ,I am looking for recommendations on power supply capacitor brand and sources 22,000 uf for aleph 3 and 15,000 uf for F5 and also transformer recommendations [anteks any good?]or stick with piltron?.thanks for any input,pete

Me too!

I see that Avel makes a 18-0-18 at 250 VA. Is this sufficient for two channels of F5? I see no VA rating in the F5 materials.

Or the alternative is to get two 18-0-18 at 160 VA but this is almost twice as expensive.

Re: Transistors

lgreen said:
Qty. Product Description Availability Price Total

2SK170 - TOSHIBA FET TO-92 -40V .01A .4W DGS *SS
distributed by mcm: TOSHIBA *SS
View Similar Items In Stock $0.89
$1.78

2SJ74 - TOSHIBA FET TO-92 25V .01A .4W DGS *SS
distributed by mcm: TOSHIBA *SS
View Similar Items In Stock $1.24
$2.48

MCM Electronics

Hmm, it doesn't say V, BL, or GR? Do you know? Did you place the order and got a confirmation? I have enough sSK170 but can stock up a few more 2SJ74 for rainy days ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.