• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mantisory said:
Hey all,
Any of you take interest in the "Aavid Thermalloy possible group buy"? I am wondering if these would be appropriate for the F5...
byron

They would work well for an F5, I will be putting cviller F5 boards in one. A little bit of an overkill in the quad Heatsink model but at least it will run cool.

My only concern at the moment is geting matched devices, without having to buy a whole kit as I have most parts in stock already.

Anthony

Hi Guys

Getting around to building my F5. Boards arrived, look great so thanks cviller.

Looking for suitable heatsinks, do these numbers look right?

W = 280
L = 150
H = 52
S = 14 (centre to centre)
B = 8
T = 4
N = 21# along W

All measurement in mm except N (# of fins)

I would use a pair for a stereo amp

Thanks

Matt

Hi Cviller,

I have some question about power supply.
When I connected only (V+) side or (V-) side from one bridge rectifier to PSU, I could get about 25V rail voltage.
But if I connected both (V+) and (V-) from two bridge rectifiers to PSU, only 21.5V could be measured from each rail.
Secondary voltage from toroid is dual 18V.
I tried to figure it out, but no luck.

Here is the way I connected the wires.
V(+) side: Rectifier (+) --> V(+) in
Rectifier (-) --> GND
V(-) side: Rectifier (+) --> GND
Rectifier (-) --> V(-) in
From the PSU to channel board, I connected the wires in the same way as in the picture you showed.

When I measured the voltage, I did not connect any speakers.

cviller said:
I'm not entirely sure what you have tried, but did you also connect gnd? Are you sure you haven't messed up polarity?

Look at this:
http://viller.eu/audio/2009jan_gbf5/P1070474_wiring1.jpg

Does this match the wiring you did for the psu?

Do you draw any current from the psu, when you measure 21.5?

If you take a picture or draw a diagram, I might be able to better answer your question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.