Gb: F5 Pcb - Page 134 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2010, 03:06 PM   #1331
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
Wow. You are an artisan sir! Care to tell us where your attenuator is from? Very, very cool. I've ordered the switch btw, and I will start with a high valued resistor in series to limit the current. Don't want to fry a $14 switch!

Anand.
Thank you for the compliments, my projects come out well enough but I'm damn slow. That preamp took me 2 1/2 years to build. Most of that was learning about how glowing bottles work. Actual build time was about 3 weeks spare time.

I bought the attenuator from a listing on this website. There is a LONG series of posts where we (myself and others who bought this attenuator) discuss the problems we've had, and the lack of resolution from the seller. So, I'd rather keep it to myself, it does work as intended, it does have a remote function, but the relays "click" when the volume level is changed. It is very annoying to have it click, other wise it's a perfect build. IMO. nothing's perfect, but it came out how I wanted it to look.

Glad to hear you found the latching switch. They are built very, very well and beautiful to look at. Keep us informed with your progress.

Ron

Last edited by Renron; 18th September 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 18th September 2010, 06:26 PM   #1332
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renron View Post
Thank you for the compliments, my projects come out well enough but I'm damn slow. That preamp took me 2 1/2 years to build. Most of that was learning about how glowing bottles work. Actual build time was about 3 weeks spare time.

I bought the attenuator from a listing on this website. There is a LONG series of posts where we (myself and others who bought this attenuator) discuss the problems we've had, and the lack of resolution from the seller. So, I'd rather keep it to myself, it does work as intended, it does have a remote function, but the relays "click" when the volume level is changed. It is very annoying to have it click, other wise it's a perfect build. IMO. nothing's perfect, but it came out how I wanted it to look.

Glad to hear you found the latching switch. They are built very, very well and beautiful to look at. Keep us informed with your progress.

Ron
Yup. Here is the correct link to the switch:

MP0045/1E2BL012 Bulgin Pushbutton Switches

Anand.
Old 18th September 2010, 07:53 PM   #1333
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Anand,
Here is how I wired up my switch. Safe and sure.

Remember, IEC to fuse------> Switch---------> transformer(s)

Ron

PS. We have had several PMs as well, I needed to upload a photo and I don't know how to do that in a PM. I have no website presence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bulgin diag.jpg (206.6 KB, 416 views)

Last edited by Renron; 18th September 2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 28th September 2010, 06:06 AM   #1334
diyAudio Member

Hello everybody,
I can't stay away from this F5 amp more longer ! But I can't find the right PCB : Peter Daniel's PCBs are far too tiny, and the last issue from cviller has some extra options that I won't use, so here is my question : am I allowed to use the first pcb cviller's layout for a personnal re-issue ? It can be found here, post n 2100.
Thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 06:46 AM   #1335
cviller is offline cviller  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi androuski,

I can't really recommend using the posted layout for manufactured pcb's but only because gerbers (files ready for sending to production facility) will produce a better result. But the files are perfectly find for home etching and doing small batch somewhere.

I have given the gerbers to diyaudio, and I believe variac has already gotten some produced. I will ask him for a status.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:06 AM   #1336
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your reply cviller.
Is that mean that variac plans a V1 re-issue ? If not, do you think I could get gerber file, and order a v1 GB - non commercial purpose of course - by myself (this would be for french diyers on homecinema-fr.com) ?
Old 28th September 2010, 08:21 AM   #1337
diyAudio Member

The one variac has is based on V1 - I believe it might be a few cm's longer, but I can't remember. It is not the V2 with all the extra cool stuff.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:39 AM   #1338
diyAudio Member

Thanks,
I'm going to ask him.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:42 AM   #1339
diyAudio Member

But he is probably very busy at the moment with organizing BAF, so don't expect a quick reply.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:12 AM   #1340
diyAudio Member

hi christian, i'm working on an F5 based on ur board design and the pdf u posted on ur F5 blog.
for psu on the pdf (first watt standard style), are the inductors compulsory?
it they are, what is the recommended value and what kind of inductor is good (air core/solid core)
thank you in advance.

almost forgot ... hats of for the board design, including the V2.
excellent job, thumbs up.

Hide this!Advertise here!