• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ed LaFontaine said:
labjr,

I'd like to be better informed. If I had heard that with some background I probably would have done something else. Where's the beef? ;)

At wendy's :clown:

Those cheap chinese transformers don't regulate well and run hot from what I've read. The good ones are supposed to give better sounding bass.

I haven't tested them myself but members with experience seem think you're better off with Plitron, Avel, etc.

labjr said:

At wendy's :clown:

Those cheap chinese transformers don't regulate well and run hot from what I've read. The good ones are supposed to give better sounding bass.

I haven't tested them myself but members with experience seem think you're better off with Plitron, Avel, etc.

Be sure not to confuse experience with old farts! :D
However I do agree that VA ratings are not always comparable between manufactures.

Hmm, this seems pretty simple ;)

You guys are in need of enough treafo's, to have them custom made, and even come out with a cheaper trafo in the end.

A smart guy would stick to a 500VA 2*18V 2*115V primaries.

When you cross the number of 10 trafo's, they almost throw them at you.

http://en.noratel.ezpublish.no/

Nice guys, easy to deal with, can make just about anything you could possibly imagine, fantastic quality, delivers on time, fair price, will deal with anybody :D

Magura :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Magura said:

You guys are in need of enough treafo's, to have them custom made, and even come out with a cheaper trafo in the end.

Nice guys, easy to deal with, can make just about anything you could possibly imagine, fantastic quality, delivers on time, fair price, will deal with anybody :D

I am not smart, but I will take your advice. I could use 3 trannies alone......
So if anyone else is interested in USA, speak up and maybe we should start a wiki for them. I would be willing to have them purchased and shipped to myself.
Besides, if they deal with anybody - they may actually put up with the likes of this crowd.

I will ask them for a qoute of 500va 115v 2 X 18 sec for 25 units.
If Magura uses them, they can't be too horrible.

I do use Anteks on F4, and it doesnt get hot or buzz. I am sure they are not awesome quality, but good for a many amp'd fellow such as myself.

Magura said:

Didn't they used to have a facility in USA at one time?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: custom transformer gb?

caligula455 said:
is anyone interested in organizing a group buy of custom transformers? with all these firstwatt board GBs going on right now and all the amps using the samee transformer it seems like there would be enough interest to bring the cost down.

:checked: :checked: :checked:

I am interested. I am asking Noratel for a qoute on 25+ or more 500va 115v 18+18v transformer.

I am also asking about R-Core toroids from Customer magnetics as well, for the same value. I have no idea if these are 'good' transformers, however, but the concept is sound.

I would say we should do a Wiki for the States anyways if we decide on a supplier. Piltron is also a consideration as well, what Papa uses.

I'll buy at least one for my project

I'd stick to a company with a good reputation. Not sure how much we'll save on a volume order with Plitron but worth a shot.

Do we really Need 500va? I guess you could check how much different the price is between 300-400-500va. Won't hurt to have a little bigger iron, but not absolutely neccessary.

Hi cviller,

I was reviewing your board against mine but shouldn't q5 and q6 on your board be turned around 180 degrees?

for q6 ebc are fine but the symbol should be turned around 180 deg.
for q5 it should be cbe and the symbol should be turned around.

c's are connected to the signal path and e's the voltage rails

or am i mistaking?

cheers,

c.

culture said:
Hi cviller,

I was reviewing your board against mine but shouldn't q5 and q6 on your board be turned around 180 degrees?

for q6 ebc are fine but the symbol should be turned around 180 deg.
for q5 it should be cbe and the symbol should be turned around.

c's are connected to the signal path and e's the voltage rails

or am i mistaking?

cheers,

c.

I think he mentioned that he's using a substitute for the ZTX with different pin configuration. I don't see a problem with availability of the ZTX here, but that's the deal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.