• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X smaal EU "small-parts" groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tonight, I have finished my partlist for the Aleph-X. I would like to buy the parts at Mouser.com. I am searching for members from the EU who would like to buy the same parts as I have selected. Maybe we can get a nice quantum deal. I am only ordering parts which will fit through a mailbox.

My Aleph-X is aiming at 70W in 4Ohm. I am intending to use a 12V toroid and biasing one channel at 6.4A. Keep this in mind when you want the same source and output resistors as I am ordering! You need different values for other output demands.

1. This topic is for part discussion.
  2. This topic closes when enough people are interested and everyone is satisfied about the BOM.
  3. I will not alter or add extra part values, only different manufacturers for maybe better perfomance are considered.
  4. I haven't got the time to match FET's. Keep this in mind.
    [/list=1]
    When everybody is satisfied I will open a new topic. In this topic you can download a partlist and fill in the quantities you wish for. You can send this file to me by email. I will contact you by email. More information later.

I have attached my worksheet of parts I am intending to order. Keep in mind that the 220uF capacitors are not included due to the fact that Mouser.com hasen't got any "exotics". Not even Panasonic FC's or Elna Cerafines.

Please leave a messege wen you would like to participate. Thank you.

Attachments

• aleph-x groupbuy.xls.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 59
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi.
I've been building up some stock for a set of these myself, I would be willing to trade for some PCB's. I have
Pana FC's 220uf 63v, Irfp240's, and 140's, Fairchild SFP9610's,etc.
Just a point of note, Nelson Pass has said that the amps tend to sound better at voltages of 25vdc plus, could be worth a thought!
All the best.

jotom750 said:
Hi.
I've been building up some stock for a set of these myself, I would be willing to trade for some PCB's. I have
Pana FC's 220uf 63v, Irfp240's, and 140's, Fairchild SFP9610's,etc.
Just a point of note, Nelson Pass has said that the amps tend to sound better at voltages of 25vdc plus, could be worth a thought!
All the best.

Mr. Pass has said that indeed. But at these rail voltages I can't raise the bias enough to drive low impedance speakers (4Ohm) without reaching the termal limits of my sinks. I also have matched IRFP240's over here. I am considering selling them because I am driving lower rails.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.