• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ESS9008 DAC chip group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just like it sounds. This is more or less an interest check for now. I've heard MOQ of 5 at around $55 per chip, and I'm assuming prices will go down from there. So post your interest in here and we can look into it.

Also, a PCB could be possible if there's interest, but that would likely be a collaborative project, and I'm not sure if everyone would prefer to do their own thing.

Ok, price from Shaw is $48 per chip at 5, and $43 at 25.

I can place the order to my house in Canada, but I'd have to pass on the extra duty and brokerage fees, so it'd be (roughly) $10 per chip higher. If that's ok with everyone I'll do that, otherwise we can figure something else out (ie. someone else do the distribution).

Ismosys

Ordered a few es9008s 1/17 received 1/23 via UK. Surprisingly prompt. But sure enough, as soon as I received them Ismosys is showing es9018's as available but 'back-ordered' instantly.

Damn, the es9008s have jumped nearly 20% (47.90 to 57.51ea) in a week! And the min. qty. for es9018's & es9012's is ten at $78.30ea. ---- Seems I read something about their es9018's being the Japanese version?

Fools unite. I'll go for 2 of Sabre32's, 'pay-p' up front/if req. , but appears this demand/supply curve really needs time to level out! Might be better off to re-evaluate; (mumble) "next 'tangent' ?."

http://ecommerce.ismosys.com/ordering/index.php?manufacturers_id=34

Charles
:xeye:

? 2 ES9008S DACs for sale,

Appears availability has changed somewhat since last post, just not their BS about shipping, Supposedly that shipment I had last month was to be sent econo on my FedX acc . Buttttt, I ended up getting charged 84.99usd for 2 DAC's that weighed less than envelope (UK to Texas). I've been trying not to 'Go There' &^%&*.
Odd I was able to ship 38kg of from Australia for less than that and quicker.
2 ES9008S DACs for sale!
Never opened, still sealed in factory packaging. $100. usd for pair. And NO I not paying any more shipping charges on them.
Charles

:headbash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.