• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy

I have posted this information to other threads, but thought adding a unique thread to discuss the potential purpose of the Wiki and any other thoughts or anxieties that arise.

I have started the following Wiki
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=FirstWattPCBReissues

For those who want to sign up to purchase for another run of Peter Daniels clone of Nelson Pass's F3 and F4 amp schematics. Peter has agreed to do a run if 50 stereo sets are ordered.

Buyer beware that Loveltech's are difficult , but not impossible to find. Members Xaudio and Deep Surplus have some stock of them. Probably plenty for those who want to build the F3. The F4 parts (Matched FETS and JFETS )are available from tech-diy.com.
This is not an endoresement, but just some advice.

I am just trying to launch this, so probably cannot answer too many questions about circuit or boards, although the F4 boards I do have are nice quality and work.:)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Near Turkey day update

:xfingers:

We are getting close to the 50 mark for the Firstwatt F3 and F4 clone PCB sets - about even on desired quantities.

Maybe for X-mas, some boards will be on their way from the North Pole (Canada).
:santa:
Here is the current update.

Name Power Supply PCB Pair F3 PCB Pair F4 PCB
Mike Thomas 2 2 1
Mike Weinhold 1 2 0
Marsfrogie 2 2 0
Mark Gall 4 2 1
RDK 845 4 2 0
Salesmonster 4 2 2
dsavitsk 2 0 1
planet10 1 0 1
jimt 4 2 1
npapp 4 2 0
kurtbauer 4 0 2
dw8083 4 1 0
N-Brock 0 1 0
AR2 4 1 2
jims 2 2 0
jonclancy 2 2 0
mongosound 0 0 1
preiter 2 0 2
Skip Pack 0 0 3
audiotony 2 1 1
Nrik 2 2 0
d to the g 1 1 0
habsrock93 2 1 1
ejfud 2 1 1
xaudiox 2 1 1
ymwong 2 0 2
davidkl 2 0 2
cjunkk 2 0 2
Variac 0 0 2
Luke 0 0 1
olen 2 0 2
woodturner-fran 2 2 0
rigma 6 4 3
TEDAMP 0 0 2
Totals 73 36 37

Looking forward to getting some - thanks to all involved in making this happen....

I'm sure someone out there has a link to a mouser parts list for the stuff we newbies need to build one of these. I know the lovoltechs need to go separate, but for the rest of the components such a list would be really helpful.

Many thanks to Peter, Mr. Pass, yourself and all those involved in making it happen.....

Fran

Joined 2006
Paid Member
F3 bom

This isn't for Mouser part #'s, but this will give you an idea.
I am not sure how the PS is being rigged in this design. I plan on F2 like Power supply using 35v transformer, and 50v+ caps, .47R resistors. Also the Fuse looks like this BOM suits 220v, which is fine for your area, I believe.

Matched MOSFETs are available from tech-diy.com

Attachments

• f3bom.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 842
Joined 2006
Paid Member
khundude said:
How much for the boards?

Peter Daniel will need to determine that. He's not making any money off this, so they are relatively inexpensive. I think about $15 USD for an Power Board, and $15 for a stereo set. This was approximate cost last time. Supply and Demand and manufacturing cost may all change this a bit.

OK, which one is going to drive an Audio Nirvana Cast Super 12" better with a gain of 14 on my tube pre. I can set my I/V stage at 4 volts to double the gain. I love good tube sound, not fat and loose. I figured that if I was to use a two SE F3's or a balanced F4 it would be a good way to go but I really want to hear what a tansconductance amp can do with a full ranger. If I were to make a balanced F3 or F4, what would it be?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
khundude said:
OK, which one is going to drive an Audio Nirvana Cast Super 12" better with a gain of 14 on my tube pre. I can set my I/V stage at 4 volts to double the gain. I love good tube sound, not fat and loose. I figured that if I was to use a two SE F3's or a balanced F4 it would be a good way to go but I really want to hear what a tansconductance amp can do with a full ranger. If I were to make a balanced F3 or F4, what would it be?

Brings up a good question. I am not sure if you can use F3's to run balanced in the same mode that an F4 can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.