F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2008, 07:25 PM   #131
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by Variac

I thought that the issue was thermally coupling the two by strapping them together
You can always couple both FETs with piece of copper or aluminum epoxied to the cases. But is it really needed? Doesn't seem like it was done in the original amps (either F4 or F5)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 11th December 2008, 08:08 PM   #132
PSz. is offline PSz.  United States
diyAudio Member

Am I too late to place an order?

best regards,
psz.
Old 11th December 2008, 08:25 PM   #133
Nrik is offline Nrik  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Payment sent for:
2 x F3 amp
2 x F3 PS

(PS: I know they are pairs - i want four channels)
Regards
Henrik
Old 11th December 2008, 09:10 PM   #134
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

Payment sent for 1 F3 PSU board and 1 F3 Amp Board.

Thank you!

-David
Old 11th December 2008, 10:07 PM   #135
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PSz.
Am I too late to place an order?
Not late at all.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 11th December 2008, 10:46 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

F5 amp board came out pretty nice; I've always wanted to build Pass amp smaller than a GC and this time it may a case. Mounting the PCB on a high efficiency CPU cooler, the actual amp can be smaller too, and I will be certainly building one.

So here's the deal: a pair of F5 amp board is exactly half size of a pair of F4 amp PCBs. Technically, the price should be cut in half, which comes to $7.50 per two channels. If only one set is ordered, shipping would be another $2.50, which comes to $10 total. When 2 sets are being ordered (4 channels), the total would be $15 shipped, not bad at all, and sometimes small size has its advantage

However, I feel a bit guilty offering those boards at such low price, that could also lead to situations when people order much more than really needed and some of those boards may end up in questionable offerings interfering with Pass trademark.

So, another possibility would be offering them at the same price as other boards ($15/set) and the additional amounts would be donated to diyAudio forum: that means $5 from each pair or $15 from dual sets (less 4% my paypal fees). Let me know your thoughts.

In a meantime, you may post your interest in a WIKI which has been expanded for F5 option. F5 PS is exactly the same as F4, but for clarity reasons (as I already ordered F4) it's marked as F5 PS: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.p...attPCBReissues

Below, F5 compared to F4 (one channel ea.)
Attached Images
File Type: gif 10.gif (99.9 KB, 871 views)
Old 11th December 2008, 11:09 PM   #137
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Default F5

Peter,
I think that a mandatory donation via you is a great idea, built into the price.

I would also consider limiting what people can buy, for IP purposes. Maybe 3-4 stereo sets.
I have ordered more than needed sets since I am occasionally careless with a soldering iron, or like the shorted FET that melted the last F4 board i needed to make the monoblocks go.. .
Old 11th December 2008, 11:58 PM   #138
diyAudio Member

Payment sent for:

2 x F3 amp
2 x F3 PSU

Thanks
Patrick
Old 12th December 2008, 12:27 AM   #139
diyAudio Member

I am wanting in on the F5 PCBs as well. I figure that since they all use the same transformers I could roll amps, so to speak. I am also in for the idea of a "donation" as well. I think that it should be equal fair for single and pairs so why not $15/$25 or $12.50/$20? I am wondering if this violates Mr. Pass's principles on not profiting of his clones?
Old 12th December 2008, 12:30 AM   #140
preiter is offline preiter  United States
diyAudio Member

I sent payment already for 2xF4 power supply and 2xF4 amp boards.

Can I revise my order to F5 amp boards instead of the F4 amp boards?

Hide this!Advertise here!