• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
would there be any interest in a group buy to try and hit the 50 quantity price break for the Caddock MK132 resistors at Mouser? We'd need to check if we can substitute 2k for the 2.2k (seems possible) and 50 for the 47 resistors (dunno). (for F5)

Quantity 50 gets the resitors down to ~$2.50 each for some values... just a thought. Not all the values are available at Mouser, and often Allied has better prices.. I'd have to research all that, plus compare to PartConnexion's current 15% off sale...

this would apply to any of the F boards Peter is selling, we're just limited by what Mouser / Allied offers.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Caddocks

luvdunhill said:
would there be any interest in a group buy to try and hit the 50 quantity price break for the Caddock MK132 resistors at Mouser? We'd need to check if we can substitute 2k for the 2.2k (seems possible) and 50 for the 47 resistors (dunno). (for F5)

Quantity 50 gets the resitors down to ~$2.50 each for some values... just a thought. Not all the values are available at Mouser, and often Allied has better prices.. I'd have to research all that, plus compare to PartConnexion's current 15% off sale...

this would apply to any of the F boards Peter is selling, we're just limited by what Mouser / Allied offers.

These are nice resistors, but always used them outside the signal path. I may be interested. Maybe parts connection can put together a 'kit package' and price for us, if we show enough interest, or maybe out of goodwill to gather some business.

The cost of these is significant, and not sure how much better they would sound to a kit of PRP's or even TAKMAN/PRP/Dale mix might come out.

luvdunhill said:
We'd need to check if we can substitute 2k for the 2.2k (seems possible) and 50 for the 47 resistors (dunno). (for F5)

Substitutions like are not a problem at all. I was using some Caddocks in F3 and they worked out well, but as with all resistors, it is a matter of personal taste and how they fit with a rest of a circuit and other parts (choices). They are much cheaper that Vishays though, and in some applications as good or even better ;)

Caddocks

I will be interested in any group buy for parts.
It would be nice if someone could order all the parts necessary in a group buy, and then we could purchase all the components in one go (ALSO SAVES ON SHIIPING COSTS).
I suppose there might need to be 4 group buys, one for the F3, one for the F4, one for the F5, and one for the Power Supply.
It definitely makes sense to do a group buy on at least the power supply components.
Thanks

thanh1973 said:
I have sent payment for one F3 pcb, and one PS pcb.

Got it, thanks.

thanh1973 said:
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you use the same PCB layout as Nelson for the F3?

Using same layout would be probably too much even for Nelson with all his generosity;)

Besides, with a series of my layouts, I'm trying to come up with a more compact solutions, with less conventional approach to amp building, examples here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=613190#post613190
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85590&highlight=

I think I'd only sign up for the Caddock resistors. Shipping is cheap, I can send them anywhere in the world for a few dollars. $3 at the most including a bubble envelope. I'll hang tight until 5 people are interested and then start another thread.

I have a balanced F4 with all Caddocks and I'm willing to wager that the F5 will benefit as well from these resistors. I know a few people built a F4 with these resistors, evidenced from the F4 build thread. I'm not really interested in discussing pros and cons, but you cannot argue with the fact that they fit the board perfectly :)

Resistor brands for specific positions

Peter,

Could one use your resistor choices per your LM3875 premium kit as a good guide? Have you found there to be consistency or were these choices purely based on what worked best in that device?

I figure one could not go wrong using the MILLS in the positions needed a high power rating or would you think that could be completely WRONG?

Your opinion would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Pay for F5, cancel F4

Hii Peter

Due to my limited budget

can i buy 8 channel of F5
as i read before 2 channel is 1 boards
so i will pay you US$ 15 x 4 : US$ 60

i send my mail to your web
to confirm your paypal adress

just asking
why dont use caddock TF 020 looks cool
(vishay sell R like them in US$ 17)

thank you peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.