• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
woodturner-fran said:
Peter...... whats your opinion with the gate resistors (R13-14) when using the flying wires? Should I just put in a wire link for R13 and 14 and then mount the resistor right on the gate of the mosfet or leave it as is on the PCB. Wires are about 2-3" long.

Well, I can't be certain, but most likely leaving resistors on a board will work fine. I've built Zen amp with wires to output devices 4-5" and never had a problem.

Attachments

• zen1.jpg
    zen1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 566
samsagaz said:
Ok, thanks too much, btw, all the res in your BOM are CMF55? i really will be lost if try to modify all the resistors for CMF50 :D i never purchased at Digikey or Mouser, im sure that will purchase wrong resistors if try to modify that :S

I can include with your order all current limiting resistors I removed from my board (CMF50).
F3 will accept regular size resistors (CMF55)

Re: Second set received

AlanElsdon said:
Peter,

Second set of boards received - much faster than the first. They as usual look wonderful.

The F5 amp boards - I take it that I got four channels - I cannot believe that they are that small - almost down to Gainclone / Chip Amp size.

I like some others have ordered the F5 kits from Tech-Diy - I have no problems with vertical mounting of the resistors - what i would ask is why you chose the resistors you did - sound quality or better layout?

Thanks as always Peter - and as with others thanks to Nelson for allowing us to do these group buys.

It looks like small parcel airmail is much faster than letter mail.

Actually, the F5 board is almost the same size as GC board (0.5 sq" difference)

I chose shorter resistors footprint mostly for compact layout, but also with intention to try either Caddocks or Vishays, especially when only few resistors are needed. The miniature resistors are quite popular and cheap, so it shouldn't be a problem sourcing them for that project.

Attachments

• boards1.jpg
    boards1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 522
Joined 2006
Paid Member
samsagaz said:

Ok, thanks too much, btw, all the res in your BOM are CMF55? i really will be lost if try to modify all the resistors for CMF50 :D i never purchased at Digikey or Mouser, im sure that will purchase wrong resistors if try to modify that :S

Just search for CMF50 in digkey, then chose your parts.

Make sure you create a my-digikey account and can then start a project, then save your parts list out and double check it.
The CMF50 resistors, all have a Q in their digikey part #.
:)
These tiny blue critters are small to work with, if your ham-fisted.

Hi guys i was searching Mouser and i see some resistors with like the same specs and diference in price, can someone please explain wich is the diference between for example

CMF501K0000FHEK and CMF501K0000FHBF?
CMF5010K000FHEK and CMF5010K000FKBF?

I noticed that the main diference are the ROHS and the Size of the Resistor. but diference in price are too diferent.

samsagaz said:
I noticed that the main diference are the ROHS and the Size of the Resistor. but diference in price are too diferent.

samsagaz said:

Q1) All Dale CFM50 resistors are the same size (4.75mm) - the Mouser page has the dimensions wrong for one of the resistors. The only difference between those pairs is lead content (RoHS).

Q2) This resistor will be fine for R5-R8

-j

samsagaz said:
About R13 and R14, wich of this two Res will be better?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P47.0CACT-ND

or

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=CMF47.5QFCT-ND

and what about yageo brand?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=47.5XBK-ND

Well, i cant find any 0.47R 3W res in Digikey or Mouser to work on R11 and R12 :( someone know wher ecan i get it

Thanks in advance.

Some claim there is very little difference between resistors, and others would claim there is a large difference. You'll find any of these three fine, though the only way to find out which one you prefer (if any) is to try them all.

Here is the typical .47R 3W resistor used in these parts.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P0.47W-3BK-ND

samsagaz said:

I forgot to note above that those Yageos are larger than the lead spacing on Peter's boards. If you get those, you'll need to stand them on end, but as noted by Peter and others, there should be no problem doing this.

As for the caps, the first and third ones will work fine. The second one won't fit on Peter's board, as it has too many pins (four or five)

You may find it handy to learn to read the manufacturer's data sheets that are linked on both Mouser's and Digikey's sites. They contain all the info you need to know as long as you dig for it a bit.

-j

Diomedian said:

I forgot to note above that those Yageos are larger than the lead spacing on Peter's boards. If you get those, you'll need to stand them on end, but as noted by Peter and others, there should be no problem doing this.

As for the caps, the first and third ones will work fine. The second one won't fit on Peter's board, as it has too many pins (four or five)

You may find it handy to learn to read the manufacturer's data sheets that are linked on both Mouser's and Digikey's sites. They contain all the info you need to know as long as you dig for it a bit.

-j

Well thanks too much again! i see what you say about the size of the res, i will purchase the small ones.

Last question for today... About Diodes... the BOM file that i have recommend me 844-MUR3020WTPBF (200V 30A) that cost 2.62USD, is OK to use just Mur860 ones? i found that they just cost 1US instead 2.62.

Will get worst sound using Mur860 than MUR3020 ? 30A is not a little big for this app?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Diodes

samsagaz said:

Well thanks too much again! i see what you say about the size of the res, i will purchase the small ones.

Last question for today... About Diodes... the BOM file that i have recommend me 844-MUR3020WTPBF (200V 30A) that cost 2.62USD, is OK to use just Mur860 ones? i found that they just cost 1US instead 2.62.

Will get worst sound using Mur860 than MUR3020 ? 30A is not a little big for this app?

woodturner-fran said:
Double check the data sheets, but IIRC, the MUR860 doesn't have enough current capability. Might be ok if you are going dual mono though.

Fran

Sams,
Consider these if ordering from mouser, small, less expensive, high current capable.

512-FFPF30U60STU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.