• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformers for F1/2/3 psus

Peter,

I had asked on one of the other threads about the transformers for these psu's; here in the UK I have been unable to find 450va 18-0-18 transformers - I can get them made but there is a one-off payment to get them setup.

So I had been wondering about going dual-mono with 225va 18-0-18 transformers and using therefore 4 psu boards. Would this work and would there be any down sides to this type of arrangement?

Thanks

Alan

Re: Transformers for F1/2/3 psus

AlanElsdon said:
So I had been wondering about going dual-mono with 225va 18-0-18 transformers and using therefore 4 psu boards. Would this work and would there be any down sides to this type of arrangement?

Those transformers should work fine, however, you would only need 2 PS boards, unless you want to add more capacitance.

My various orders

Peter,

I believe that all my requests have been paid for and that, for the moment, is that (well apart from the F1 / F2 boards - but you are only doing the F2's I believe at some point!).

So please feel free to now post all those boards.

Thanks as always for your time and effort.

I followed your link to the Zv9 build - beautiful and functional - it makes me weep:bawling:

Regards

Alan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.