• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, thanks Peter.

I found and have added in the CMF resistors to the parts list. I think all are available except maybe 1 of the values, can't remember which one -or maybe it was just out of stock.

I think I'll leave the second diode (the fairchild one) in there for now. Thats got a 40A rating, is T03 and has a pretty fast 55ns recovery time. Seems like a good compromise.

Now to get the next headache sorted out - heatsinks!!

Many thanks Peter for helping with this, ok, not just helping, completely organising us all here as well!

Fran

Thanks for all the payments.

I just finalized the prodction layout. This is what you'll be getting when 2 sets are ordered (4 channels). It is exactly the same size as one F4 set (2 channels)

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    60.3 KB · Views: 723
Joined 2006
Paid Member
PSU and other e-caps.

Peter,
On previous F4 thread, you mentioned that 40mm is a tight fit for caps on the PS boards. Do you know if Nichicon Super or Gold 40mm caps will fit if inverted from the resistors?

also, on the F3 boards, ido you know off hand the max-width of C1 and the nearby e-caps?

Just trying to get parts ready.

Those boards are truly universal and will accept most anything;)

The F3 PS has even special holes for screw in terminals, picture below shows that 52mm (2") Sikorel caps will fit there without problem.

If the caps have lugs, you need to make additonal cut outs to acomodate those.

On F3, C1 can be up to 36mm, which is the size of Jensen 10000/63 and pin spacing 6, 10, 18 or 25mm.

The other caps are up to 16mm dia with exception of C10 which can be only up to 13mm, pin spacing 5 or 7.5mm

Attachments

• sikorel.jpg
    sikorel.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 578
What do you guys think about this heatsink?

farnell heatsink link

Fins 40mm (1 1/2") with 10mm (3/8") thick base plate, 100mm (4") high and 300mm (12") long

Its rated at 0.4 degC/w which I know is a wee bit high but the next one up is $$$ more. Its also a very reasonable size to fit in my rack and it won't be as tight a fit between the shelves...

Is it reasonable to mount Q3 and Q4 out to the very tips of the their legs to spread them out as far as possible on the heatsink (12" long) or will that cause problems?

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.