• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Supply grounds and output ground are referenced to PS ground.

On amp board, there are only two ground pads: one for input signal ground, the other to run the wire to common connection on main filter caps.

This is exactly same setup as with F4 amp boards; also for balanced configuration you would need 4 of those boards (two per channel)

F5 amp board came out pretty nice; I've always wanted to build Pass amp smaller than a GC and this time it may a case. Mounting the PCB on a high efficiency CPU cooler, the actual amp can be smaller too, and I will be certainly building one.

So here's the deal: a pair of F5 amp board is exactly half size of a pair of F4 amp PCBs. Technically, the price should be cut in half, which comes to $7.50 per two channels. If only one set is ordered, shipping would be another $2.50, which comes to $10 total. When 2 sets are being ordered (4 channels), the total would be $15 shipped, not bad at all, and sometimes small size has its advantage ;)

However, I feel a bit guilty offering those boards at such low price, that could also lead to situations when people order much more than really needed and some of those boards may end up in questionable offerings interfering with Pass trademark.

So, another possibility would be offering them at the same price as other boards ($15/set) and the additional amounts would be donated to diyAudio forum: that means $5 from each pair or $15 from dual sets (less 4% my paypal fees). Let me know your thoughts.

In a meantime, you may post your interest in a WIKI which has been expanded for F5 option. F5 PS is exactly the same as F4, but for clarity reasons (as I already ordered F4) it's marked as F5 PS: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=FirstWattPCBReissues

Below, F5 compared to F4 (one channel ea.)

Attachments

• 10.gif
    10.gif
    99.9 KB · Views: 915
Joined 2006
Paid Member
F5

Peter,
I think that a mandatory donation via you is a great idea, built into the price.

I would also consider limiting what people can buy, for IP purposes. Maybe 3-4 stereo sets.
I have ordered more than needed sets since I am occasionally careless with a soldering iron, or like the shorted FET that melted the last F4 board i needed to make the monoblocks go.. .:cannotbe:

I am wanting in on the F5 PCBs as well. I figure that since they all use the same transformers I could roll amps, so to speak. I am also in for the idea of a "donation" as well. I think that it should be equal fair for single and pairs so why not $15/$25 or $12.50/$20? I am wondering if this violates Mr. Pass's principles on not profiting of his clones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.