• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

my_ref revC group buy (Mauro Penasa LM3886 design)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The boards do get stuffed when its a kit but the casing almost always does me in...I've got a chipamp and a Bijou headphone amp without cases, a DAC-301 and MilletMAX that're only partially cased and a handful of little Jisbos buffers without any home or purpose in the world (...yet?).

Oh, and I've got a MiniMAX kit at home waiting to be assembled. It arrived about 3 very busy days before I left for more work again.

DIY is a curse...

Too late? Fred we are just getting started! :) Welcome to the buy.

OOh, maybe one white and one black LOL that way you know which channel you are looking at if you have no case.
I hate buying cases to. They are so dang expensive compared to the cost of the rest of the build. I mean its almost impossible to get something better than a project box for under 70USD.
Maybe we need someone to start a case group buy!
Uriah

bacood_2000 x2
warp_foo x2
Coreyk78 x2
SRMcGee x2
troystg x4
samsagaz x2
widman x2
billyk x2
korben69 x2
tube-arama x2
bandol83 x2
erikdebier x2
Joshua Adams x6
helfred x2
vglaso x2
Dxvideo x2
nvrgdenuf x4
Mindcrime x2
ben_lesmana x2
Daveze x2
Fredlock x2
argofanatic x2
GiovanniM x2
bhm x2
========
Minimum 56 requested
Some have mentioned ordering more but were not sure yet. If they did we would be at 62.

Uriah

I should add this about shipping:

We will happily ship to any countries under the following conditions:
Registered and insured shipping. No exceptions.
Any type of shipping you would like under those conditions.
You pay for all shipping whether shipping is inside or outside of the USA. This includes any taxes or fees imposed by any country.
We do not know what taxes and fees may be imposed by your, or any other, country and this portion will be up to you.
Uriah

udailey said:
Too late? Fred we are just getting started! :) Welcome to the buy.

OOh, maybe one white and one black LOL that way you know which channel you are looking at if you have no case.
I hate buying cases to. They are so dang expensive compared to the cost of the rest of the build. I mean its almost impossible to get something better than a project box for under 70USD.
Maybe we need someone to start a case group buy!
Uriah

Par-metal! Same guy as Anatec for the transformers. The Par-metal enclosures are very easy, convenient and inexpensive for what you get..

Best of all he can punch that pesky square IEC AC socket hole...

http://www.par-metal.com/

Series 20 in black are my standard..

http://www.par-metal.com/20s01.jpg

bacood_2000 x2
warp_foo x2
Coreyk78 x2
SRMcGee x2
troystg x4
samsagaz x2
widman x2
billyk x2
korben69 x2
tube-arama x2
bandol83 x2
erikdebier x2
Joshua Adams x6
helfred x2
vglaso x2
Dxvideo x2
nvrgdenuf x4
Mindcrime x2
ben_lesmana x2
Daveze x2
Fredlock x2
argofanatic x2
GiovanniM x2
bhm x2
jERiCOh x2
TonyX x2
madisonears x2
mikesnowdon x2
vonfilm x2
pinkfloyd4ever x2
farl x2

Oh what the heck, add 2 for me

bacood_2000 x2
warp_foo x2
Coreyk78 x2
SRMcGee x2
troystg x4
samsagaz x2
widman x2
billyk x2
korben69 x2
tube-arama x2
bandol83 x2
erikdebier x2
Joshua Adams x6
helfred x2
vglaso x2
Dxvideo x2
nvrgdenuf x4
Mindcrime x2
ben_lesmana x2
Daveze x2
Fredlock x2
argofanatic x2
GiovanniM x2
bhm x2
jERiCOh x2
TonyX x2
madisonears x2
mikesnowdon x2
vonfilm x2
pinkfloyd4ever x2
farl x2
Carl_Huff x2

MartinQ said:
Why is the recommended transformer output at 25V, I thought the LM3886 could handle up to 36V? I have a transformer here I'd like to use that puts out 34 or 35V.
That's +/-36 volts DC that the chip can handle (datasheet says 84v so the absolute max is +/- 42Vdc, but you don't wanna run it too close to that) Unless you have DC mains power (you don't), your transformer puts out AC. When AC is rectified to DC, you need to multiply the AC voltage by 1.4 to get the rectified DC voltage

So 25VAC*1.4=35VDC
35VAC*1.4= 49VDC you get +/- when you use a transformer with dual secondaries and a separate bridge rectifier for each secondary

please correct me if I'm wrong on this anyone (or confirm if I'm right)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.