• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Techtube valve buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The only thing I have that uses 12AX7A where I might want to invest this sort of money is in my ReVox G36..

I'm interested in 4 at most, and that is very dependent on the final price - as is my decision to purchase. (Just trying to be fair, if it is far north of $120 the 4 I probably won't proceed.)

So 4 E813CC with the above proviso. (tentative)

It would seem that "Pricing will be £30 per valve". That shakes out to $48.24 today. It's possible if the dollar gets stronger as the world economy slows down that will go down. I'm hoping if enough folks get on board we can get a price break. Either way we can save on shipping especially if you're in the DC Metro area. I need to start hording bubble wrap.

Availability looks to be end of November, so I would guess early December. ;)

I'll likely only pick up an E811CC, an E812CC and mabey three E813CC's.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
whitelabrat said:
It would seem that "Pricing will be £30 per valve". That shakes out to $48.24 today. It's possible if the dollar gets stronger as the world economy slows down that will go down. I'm hoping if enough folks get on board we can get a price break. Either way we can save on shipping especially if you're in the DC Metro area. I need to start hording bubble wrap.

Availability looks to be end of November, so I would guess early December. ;)

I'll likely only pick up an E811CC, an E812CC and mabey three E813CC's.

That's just a little rich for my tastes.. A lot of money for something that no one has heard. I'll have to wait for a review on 6 moons or similar before I commit that kind of money.. :( The £ is comparatively weak to the dollar as it is, (historically it has been much higher, and these days it does not seem to move around that much) I can't imagine it is going to get much cheaper. Oh well..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.