• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

J510 Regulator or substitute needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI Choky
Thanks for your help !
Can you explain how I use J-Fet and trim pot instead that 2 legged IC .
I have 2SK264BL or 103BL or 2SJ74BL,GR or 2SK170BL,GR.
I would like to ask you for a little help more .
I only understand electronic stuff in a schematic .
Can you help me with these .
I ordered some 2SK389V . Only problem to me these regulator . I do not want to give up on these project because that regulator !!!
For power supply I will use the +/-36V .I have a toroid 2x25V.
Thanks for your help .
Greetings

HI pchw

I just placed an order today morning so let wait until they answer to my order . The stock shows they have !!!
If yes I will let you know certainly.
I don't want to post the store name in vain , you know I don't want spread false info .
Thanks for your patient .

Greetings

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gaborbela said:
HI Choky
Thanks for your help !
Can you explain how I use J-Fet and trim pot instead that 2 legged IC .
I have 2SK264BL or 103BL or 2SJ74BL,GR or 2SK170BL,GR.
I would like to ask you for a little help more .
I only understand electronic stuff in a schematic .
Can you help me with these .
I ordered some 2SK389V . Only problem to me these regulator . I do not want to give up on these project because that regulator !!!
For power supply I will use the +/-36V .I have a toroid 2x25V.
Thanks for your help .
Greetings

look at picture - taken from Papa's Diy-opamp article ; just use adequate multiturn pot instead of resistor

regarding regulator - on which one you exactly think ?

btw - 2x25V will hardly give you +/-36V after reg ; you need more volts ...... but I can't tell you how much more without knowing exact topology you are planning

Attachments

• ccs.jpg
    ccs.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 274
Hello Choky

Thanks for your advise and help.
I posted the website at my first post were I ask for help .
If you open the site and take a look Figure 17.
That is the pre I would like to build next to my Aleph 1.7 preamp.
I'd like the design a lot because all Jet preamp .
Unfortunately I'm unable to take the schematic and post here that is why I posted all the writings etc .
One more time , thanks for your help.
Greetings

J510 or 511 regulator needed 2PC or advise for substitute them

HI Choky

Please don't forget me if you can please help me .
I already spent a lot of monet on these project so it would be better to back up now .
I know is not easy and I appreciate your advice and help
Thanks Choky

Greetings

Re: 2SK389V still avaleble in USA

gaborbela said:
Hello PCHW
I promissed I inform if I found the asked J Fet
Here is the address .You will decide if you want to spend that much money on .
http://www.ka-electronics.com/FETS/FET.htm
If you need it badly you will better to buy it until you can get it .
It will be more expensive by the time that sure .

Greeting

Thank you, Gabor!!

Hi Gabor,

Extreme-A amp uses the same current regulator J511/ J510. I didn't have any luck findng a store selling it. There are some on the web but the minimum order is like 300 or 500 pieces. I was advised by a co-DIYer that I can use 1N5314, which has almost the same spec as the J511. It's also available at Mouser. Why don't you give it a shot, I think it will work.

Here's the datasheet of 1N5314, http://www.centralsemi.com/PDFs/products/1N5283-5314.pdf

Good luck,

Fred

HI Dodo

Thanks for the schematic ! What do you mean the right 2SK246BL pair for cascoding .
I just planing to use a matched pair that is all .
Do I need something special matching here ?
I think if I match them to 0.01V that will be OK or not???
I have some mathed pair at home . I really hope that will do the job.
I want to build these preamp because all J-Fet and I want to here it how will com pair with my Aleph 1.7.
I know the Aleph pre one of the best sounding from Mr Pass design .

Greeting

Hello Dodo

I just printed out your schematic and com pared your schematic with the original , you left out 1pair resister 1M close to the output .
Do I have to use all those capacitors in your schematic ??
Mr Borbely schematic only has capacitors on the output . What is the purpose all those caps ? An what type of capacitors do you think electrolytic ?
What about values 100uf any advise ?
I'd like the original schematic posted by Mr Borbely because only 4 capacitors and no electrolytic .But may be your schematic is the comp let verision ?
Would you please comment those capacitors I'm getting a bit confused .
Mr Borbely only wrote about the 50R trimmer pot to balance the two side of the 2SK389V . But after he write may be it is possible I do not need that all .
He does not write nothing at all special matching for the cascode 2SK246BL.
Greetings and thanks for your help .

Hello Dodo
I'm sorry being so stupid I just see you use one electrolytic each side the rest foil caps or pp or what ever .
Can you give some hint what value do I use , of course please let me know what if I don't use any of those capacitors at all?
Can you comment those capacitors necessary in here, and why .
I do hate capacitors but when there is a need for them of course I use the to .I'd rather say I try to avoid them when is possible .
Thanks one more time .
It looks like somebody offered me the substitution for the J511.
But I want to give a big thanks for Choky and dodo for you to .

Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.