• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

J510 Regulator or substitute needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Dodo
OK I have those Jets may be better to use them than the subtitution of the J511 or bjt-s .
Can you please give me some hint about the capacitors what is missing at the another schematic . I think those values can be important to.
What about the two 1M resister . Are you sure I don't need them ?
I just ask these because I only know about the schematic why I posted .
Probably these one is the latest .
Right now He no longer sale these Jet preamp , but that not mean because these is not high quality .
Thanks one more time .
Greetings

sorry Gabor

I can't give you those hints because of the "copy rights"
But you can allways ask Mr Borbely , as he is the autor of this design.

BTW someone in the Pass VGS thread compared those two designs ( VGS and a.m. Borbely design) ; the conclusion was :VGS was sonically better in terms of resolution.

Hello Dodo
So if I understand well the schematic what you posted by U sound better than the earlier type .
Please confirm these .
These pre no longer under copyright , you can not buy these any more .But all my respect to Borbely .
I will try to contact about those capacitors value .
Thanks for the advice .
Greetings

GABOR,
Vishay CR160 serie is a direct substitute to the J500 serie current diodes. For 2 ma, you would need the CR200. They may not be easier to find anyway. Not too many suppliers cary these items since they do not sell a lot.
You have received excellent suggestions with the JFETs. The best I found are: 2SK118, 2SK246 and 2SK330.

Hello
I will use the schematic posted by dodo , that will be the best .
Even he wrote to me that was Borbely commercial preamp , and it sounded much better than the type with the J511.
I just purchased some 2SK389V and when arrives I will start to put these preamp together .
I think it will be better than my Aleph 1.7.
These uses all Jets , and if I get some output capacitors these will be a great preamp .
Thanks for your advise .
Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.