• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

A small group buy of 2SJ74BL/2SK170BL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, of course there's a lot of "spread", and i have very few excactly matches. But if a few tens of uA is acceptable, then i have quite a few close ones :D
Funny thing is, that the 170's have idss between approx. 6.5 to 11, and the 74' generally 1.5-2 mA higher.

es44 said:
Well, of course there's a lot of "spread", and i have very few excactly matches. But if a few tens of uA is acceptable, then i have quite a few close ones :D
Funny thing is, that the 170's have idss between approx. 6.5 to 11, and the 74' generally 1.5-2 mA higher.

A few tens of uA? That's better than 1% match! :D

Jfet are good devices but their characteristics are very variable. That makes you love them and hate them. :D

housing said:

A few tens of uA? That's better than 1% match! :D

Jfet are good devices but their characteristics are very variable. That makes you love them and hate them. :D

Yes, i know the match is very tight on some of them, i'm just not used to Fet's, and therefore maybe a little too hysterical, hehe.
I do have a project coming up. A simple Riaa, and that will be my first experience with these little bugs. I hope to get a better understanding of what's going on when this is completed.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129126&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Once my GF is satisfied with her new apartment, i might get around to spend a little more time here.:D

All the best
Ebbe

housing said:
Did you get a lot of closely matched quads?
I have just matched pairs from 200off each LSK170A & B & C (600 total).
I got lots of pairs but not a single quad from the Bs & Cs. The As have such a wide spread(2.6mA to 6.5mA=2.5:1) I am finding it galling just how low the yield is, of pairs, from a 200batch.

The problem is not just matching Idss, but also matching Yfs by testing for a match at lower currents as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.