• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HV Shunt Regulator PCB

Hi Algar_emi,

Looks like we can easily consume 60 boards if not more.
Maybe you can round up the number to the next 10's, for example, if there are 65 boards paid by the time you place the order, order 70. I am pretty sure someone will ask whether he/she are to late :) If you need the payment for the extra boards, I can pay you first - just want to help out someone fellow members in case they are too busy to catch up and miss the boat.

I know, I'll probably end order some more. It is more the work to send so many PCB that I don't to get to big. I'm really short on spare time already, my only spare time is mainly in hotel room when I'm on the road for work. I also have to check with the PCB plant what is the next quantity I can order. It depends on their standard PCB slab they can produce. I'll know more on Monday.

UPDATE: I received all the payments, except two from the original order. I'll be ready to place the order beginning of next week.
If still interested send me an email. I'll see what I can do.

Please don't send any payment unless ask for by email. For the extra orders, there is still no confirmation I can meet them.

Thanks...

I got confirmation that I can buy some more PCB. I will also buy a few more in case I get late requests (as suggested by pchw).

I sent emails for the payment of the extra PCB. Please send me an email if you like to buy the few remaining PCB.

I'll order the PCB today. Production and delivery to me should take 1-2 weeks. I'll re-contact you for the shipping.

Thanks.

Almost received all the payments, a few are still missing. Please check your email Thanks.

Just being talking with the PCB fab and I just learn that I always make a few more in a production run in case some fail the quality control. So, it is still possible that a few last one PCB would be available. They are being produced at this very moment. They will let me know how many more are available. I'll let you know if there is any.

All the shipping envelops are ready for shipment awaiting the PCB.

I'll be gone next week for work. I may have the PCB ready when I come back home. Expect the PCB to start shipping in a week or two.

25K Mills resistor interest

Hello -

I am planning on using my HV Shunt regulators for an RTP3 project.
I am considering ordering (100) Mills 25k 5W resistors. The RTP3 uses about 8 each and currently there is no stock anywhere on these.
Is there any interest in these? I don't have a formal quote yet but from the shop I got "About $3.35 each".

Mike

And the actual 15V Power supply. A little overkill as always :D, but nice.

Attachments

• 15v ps_small.jpg
    15v ps_small.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,319
Algar,
How come you didn't bother asking permission to use this circuit?

My email address is readily available from my website

www.vacuumstate.com

and I am a DIY Audio member.

I would like to inform all members that the original SuperReg (current sourced shunt regulated HV regulator) is available from our online shop as a complete kit, and there have been hundreds sold and built up with complete success. Why buy an amateur version?

Regards, Allen

Hi Allan. I'm very sorry, but I tried to find the original builder of the kit but I couldn't. It was not on the web anymore. So I decided to build my own using the documentation I had in hand since buying it was not possible anymore. I found later about your own website, but my PCB were already made and I went to DIY route, doing everything by myself.

I didn't know how it was related to your design or not, there was no mention of your name or Cie name into the documentation I had, this is why I never contacted you about it. I though it was an other iteration of a know regulation method that is discussed in numerous public forums. It was not in my intention to copy your design without permission. I always ask permission to known designer, and even ask for their permission before disclosing or not their email, ask Guido Tent, Peter Daniel or Mark Kelly for example or other members I dealt with over the years.

This Group Buy was never a commercial venture, but just an amateur hobby project. I was asked by some members to get some of my hand made PCB, then the number of requests increase so much that I decided to have a commercial PCB made because doing it myself wouldn't had been possible.

If this design is indeed yours, I completed this GB and won't make any more PCB. I'll refer other member interested in it to contact you. I'm doing this as a hobby to have fun and built a good relation with this forum and its members over the years. In was never in my intention to cause any other members prejudice or harm.

Let me know and we will make it official. Again I'm very sorry and I never intended to cause you any financial or professional losses or problem.

I sent you reply this by email as well.