• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wood cone speaker build idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
6.5 inch wood cone speaker 8 ohm $40 us

Today is August 26th.
The terms of this group buy:
Item:FR179B8-11M wood cone speaker from Gui-sound.
This is an 8 ohm speaker 6.5 inch
fr179b-11.jpg

Impedance�F 8 Ohm
F0�F 15K Hz
Frequency range�F 42 Hz
S.P.L.: 92.609 dB
Input power: 30 W

Cost: $40 per unit plus shipping to your house.

You must paypal $40 to my account for each speaker you want.
Once the speakers arrive here, you will be contacted again with shipping options.

There will be an additional charge for shipping to your house only.

I only take paypal. This is for your protection and mine.

If I don't have 40 orders by Sept 26th, all orders will be refunded so tell your friends.

Send me a message for paypal account.

Thanks,
Spencer

Thanks for your input.
I'm not sure what to do for credentials or references. You can see my weblog for other projects I've done.

I'm an ER nurse and don't really need 50 speakers.

Shipping cost is the actual shipping cost from my house to yours. I live in 95136. You live in....
You purchased x number of speakers....
You want them shipped by....route...

There is no additional handling because I'm saving boxes and packing material from work.

A large USPS flat rate box is just under $10 and should fit two speakers in it by eyeball. I don't have any speakers yet so I can't be accurate about that. That's for US addresses. And a box may only hold one speaker...I just don't know right now.

Thanks everyone for your group buy participation. We are still short of the number needed by 30.
Please post something in your active threads regarding this speaker.
First of all it's a great deal. Second, it's a fantastic looking speaker and will really look outrageuos in an dark colored build . Or natural finish build for that matter.
Go out unto the world and spread the good news! Jesus is coming and he's bringing speakers!

I'm posting here in the full range drivers area to direct your attention to a driver that has some really great potential in a back loaded horn or bass reflex box.

I'm putting together a group buy for these wood cone speakers. They look totally awesome. I need to purchase 50 units to get a good deal. They will cost us $40 per unit plus shipping to your house. Shipping to my house is included in the $40. You will pay only the actual amount of shipping. No handling charge. You pick the service. USPS is close to my house and generally has the best deals AFAIK.

woodconespeakerbuilds.jpg

Here is a pic of some kit speaker from japan. They are tre' expensive. They use the speaker I'm buying I think but the phase plug is painted black.

These speakers are 6.5 inch drivers 8 ohm.
Specifications
&
Thiele/Small Parameters
GUIDE-SOUND INDUSTRIES CO.,LTD
E-Mail: Tsaichunchang@yahoo.com.tw
Welcome Inquiry&Orders For OEM&ODM
Impedance : 8Ohm
Minimum Frequency Response
: 42Hz
Reproduction Frequency Response
: Fo~15K
S.P.L. : 92.609 dB/W(m)
Rated Input : 30 W
Music Power : 45 W
Equivalent Diaghram Radius
: 63mm
Equivalent Mass : 9.392g
Magnet Weight : 750 g
Net Weight : 2580g
Fs : 42.117 Hz
Re : 6.2Ohm
Mms : 10.234g
BL : 8.987TM
Qts : 0.200
Qms : 5.358
Qes : 0.208
Vas : 32.971Ltr
Xmax : 4mm
no : 1.146%
Frame : Cast
Cone : Wooden
Surround : RUBBER
Damper : CONEX
VC DIA : Ö35 KAP 0.2 SV
Magnet : Ö121XÖ60X20
Short Ring : Cu Ring
Material
Center Cap : AL Phase Plug (Gold)

Please tell your friends. I have to get at least fourty spoken for. I'll front the last 8 just to get my two speakers here!

I only take paypal for your protection and mine. Post a message and I'll respond with the pay pal address.
Thanks
Spencer

I have heard those...

They are pretty good. common to JVC "wood cone" series speakers somewhat? they were pretty nice, actually. really nice even.

I can't commit to a pair though. Got too many projects right now!

Good luck on obtaining them. (try to hear a pair first...)

I guess that if you are a business, consider your size. if you are small, with limited capital, never buy bulk just for the sake of bulk. You are trying to lock in 40 people to buy a driver unheard. have you heard it yet? Is that fair? Sorry to bust you one in the grill, but trust me: I would not mention this factor if I had not made a similar mistake in my time (albiet smaller, and one that I eventually rectified).

They are indeed a nice sound no doubting it. I guess it would depend on the price you are getting.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way, I am only intending to ask questions...

Clark

yeah.

I have not heard the 6.5 inchers, but the smaller ones, and then the one that is a step up from that in the JVC line I was pretty impressed by. they certainly beat out most all the other "allinoneminisystems" that were on display at this huge 9 story electronics store in Akihabara. there was a curious system by onkyo I believe that had speakers made in the style of a guitar body? Those had some kevlar weave cone units in them. woulda liked to hear the wood cone with the guitar style cabinetry. I woulda gotten a woody for sure!

-Clark

Re: I have heard those...

blumenco said:

I can't commit to a pair though. Got too many projects right now!

I guess that if you are a business, consider your size. if you are small, with limited capital, never buy bulk just for the sake of bulk. You are trying to lock in 40 people to buy a driver unheard. have you heard it yet? Is that fair?

Please don't take my comments the wrong way, I am only intending to ask questions...

Clark

I'm an ER nurse.

bobgroger said:
BTW, I don't think anyone will feel comfortable paying until there is enough interest. That is the way nearly all diy-audio group buys work. First gaugeing interest, then collecting payment.

Bob G.

I think I'll have more people to help me generate interest in getting all 40 prepaid if they have a little "skin in the game." As they say.

Of course, everyone who runs a group buy can do it however they want. I'm not going to shoot them in the foot by badmouthing their efforts on a public thread, though.

Some people don't take into consideration the efforts of others before they post.

Hi guys.
I hope all is going well.
it's getting toward the end of the game and I'm shy by a fair piece. I'm going to contact my salesman and see if I can order a reduced quantity for the same amount.

If I can't I'm afraid I'll be refunding your money.
Did anyone post in any other area talking up the group buy?
It would be nice if you could just make a post saying you found a nice group buy speaker and would like to generate further interest in it.

It seems the only publicity we've gotten is by people who can't afford the speakers.

Thanks,
Spencer

Hi Lee.
I'm going to use one of the spawn designs from www.frugal-horn.com
I already built the Oliva and it's truely a work of art (thanks frugal-horn). Simple, elegant and not a bit overengineered (which I plan to fix Ha ha).
I think the bruce or the curvey chang would be great: http://www.frugal-horn.com/spawn-plans.html
I'll bet the solo 206 from http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Solo206.html would work well also.
It looks very simple.
If I could find plans for this modified mau-horn with the plexiglass sides I'd be in heaven!

Attachments

• modifed_layered_mauhorn.jpg
    modifed_layered_mauhorn.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 408
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.