• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wood cone speaker build idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your wish is granted :

Specifications
&
Thiele/Small Parameters
GUIDE-SOUND INDUSTRIES CO.,LTD
E-Mail: Tsaichunchang@yahoo.com.tw
Welcome Inquiry&Orders For OEM&ODM
Impedance : 8Ohm
Minimum Frequency Response
: 42Hz
Reproduction Frequency Response
: Fo~15K
S.P.L. : 92.609 dB/W(m)
Rated Input : 30 W
Music Power : 45 W
Equivalent Diaghram Radius
: 63mm
Equivalent Mass : 9.392g
Magnet Weight : 750 g
Net Weight : 2580g
Fs : 42.117 Hz
Re : 6.2Ohm
Mms : 10.234g
BL : 8.987TM
Qts : 0.200
Qms : 5.358
Qes : 0.208
Vas : 32.971Ltr
Xmax : 4mm
no : 1.146%
Frame : Cast
Cone : Wooden
Surround : RUBBER
Damper : CONEX
VC DIA : Ö35 KAP 0.2 SV
Magnet : Ö121XÖ60X20
Short Ring : Cu Ring
Material
Center Cap : AL Phase Plug (Gold)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Are these drivers still available?

Nanook said:
I posted a Q in fullrange if there are any suitable drivers for car audio. Perhaps?

stew

Not if the factory specs are remotely correct,

I'd suggest a tysen variant myself... FF85 firing from the dash at the head (or reflected off the inside of the windshield, and a helper woofer in the doors.

dave

John...

as you well know, MDF is certainly not my preferred material. Some work is required to make it sound good, and for the size of the enclosure and the cost of the driver, it doesn't make a lot of sense, to double it up...(does that make it twice as bad?)

"Want some Marshall tires on your Porsche ,sir?"
"Why yes, young man, they're only tires."
kinda like all the great things about a Porsche being limited by the tires.

John, how's the old TT doing? Have you started work on the KLH yet?

stew

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Hi Stew,
How's life treating you? Good I hope.

I have had a very busy summer work wise, and I'm now trying to get some projects finished up in this never ending pursuit of perfection.
I haven't spun a record in quite some time and I haven't touched the KLH yet. Later in the winter, most likely.

MDF is what it is. Also, a Porsche (I will have a vintage 911 some day...) is what it is.
Just like how Hyundai can't build a Porsche, some of us can't build the Porsche of speaker cabinets, even if working with the same material as the master constructor.
Porsche is made from steel, as is the Hyundai.

John...

the analogy was more so if "second market" tires would be suitable to put on a "first market" car. In this case, building effectively a 14" cube, 1 sheet of 18mm BB ply "wood" do (couldn't resist). In fact probably enough to do 2 of the lil' buggers, cause stereo subs rule...

please spend the time on the KLH , John. It will be worth it.

stew

this is beginning to look like ...

a conspiracy!

or else as Bertrand Russell (if I can remember that far back, and correctly?) we all suffer the same delusions... hmm, but if we consider the bulk properties of the two materials (BB plywood vs MDF), the results are very differrent.

I better crawl back into the hovel for a while ;)

stew

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
neutron7 said:

how can every one possibly sound the same. the wood will always be different. unless the wood grain thing is somehow fake.

The whole point is to let the driver do the "talking" and shut the box up. If you are allowing the box to resonate, it will create audible noise - doesn't matter what flavour.
The variety of flavours is pretty much a whimsical idea that ones hearing is sensitive enough to detect the difference between low level noises produced be two panels that resonate at nearly the same frequency. All this many decibels below the output of the driver (AKA, below the noise floor for a carefully constructed box)

Some have bionic hearing though and of course this doesn't apply to them :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.