• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Australia: Lorantz 10" 4ohm 200w mid-bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm wondering if there is enough interest here in doing a group buy of 10" 4ohm 200W Lorantz mid-bass Drivers?

I am in Melbourne which is close enough to Dandenong for me to organise it. It probably ins't worth shipping outside of Aus as the cost would be too high and speaker availability overseas is better anyway.

Bassically, 10" 4ohm is not a usual stock item (8ohm is) but if you put in an order of 20 Lorantz will build them :)

I am using 41hz Amp9 which is a 4x100w into 4ohm amp and it is impossible to find a efficient 10" 4ohm mid-bass driver here in Australia.

An Initial phone call to Lorantz came up with a price of around AUD $122.00 each.

If there is enough interest I will get more details.

col.

Hi Moondog,

I think you can buy the 16ohm drivers from Melmusic. I know the 8ohm ones are available. It's only the 4ohm ones that require a special order.

I specifically want the 4ohm ones for a compact PA system I'm building and because I'm using a 4 channel Tripath TAA4100A Class-D/T chip amp that prefers low impedance loads. I have some cheap Chinese 4ohm 10" 150W drivers I can use but they are only 93db sensitive.

The thing with the Lorantz drivers is that the data sheets are not a work of fiction and power handling is usually better than stated. I used to hang out a bit at MSR (Melbourne speaker repairs) in Collingwood before Rod shut up shop. He was using them all the time in a whole manner of designs. I remember this compact pair of mid-highs he was selling, truly awesome work. Another good thing about them is that you can cross them fairly high and relieve the compression driver from working too hard.

col.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.