• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Linear Systems LSK389 / LSK170 JFETs (i.e. Toshiba 2sk389/2sk170 subs)

well, I finally got all the parts sorted. I ended up with 100 extra LSK170 TO-92 "C" grade and was lacking 100 LSK170 TO-92 "B" grade (yes, 100 exactly in both cases). Now, I know what you're thinking... I was very careful not to mix up the grades and marked each bag and only dealt with one grade at a time. I went back and spot checked my batch and it seems that everything is correct. I randomly checked around 10% of the devices (this was my share of the 2 grades) and things looked right, considering there is some crossover between the "B" and "C" grades.

So, if you ordered 10 "C" grade it's possible that all will be right around 10-12mA Idss. If you ordered 200 of each grade, you may see some crossover in the grades, as from measuring my batches they don't all fall exactly in the listed ranges (I had +/- 2mA in the worse case, meaning a "B" grade was as high as 14mA and as low as 4mA).

I plan on talking with the distributor tomorrow about this, but in the interest of full disclosure wanted to mention it. If there are any issues that I'm missing, I'll do my best to correct them.

second round of PayPal requests just went out. There will be one more round. I hope to send out the last set of PayPal requests in 24 hours.

As of today, the following people are payed up *and* I have dropped your package in the mail:

coloradosound
shallbehealed
mlloyd1
ken.berg
Jim Hamley
hayenc
sonidos
wct
Conrad Hoffman
Looneytunes
agent.5
mako1138
bobgroger
bkisiel
walt h
leadfinger
jims
Scott Wurcer
Sheldon
relder
jpo
satoru
LarryNicks
picker
number9
jackinnj
cherhit
audiotony

still working on getting everything ready to go. I still need to get shipping quotes on a few. Here's an update:

===================
Paid & Shipped
===================
coloradosound
shallbehealed
mlloyd1
ken.berg
jimt
Jim Hamley
hayenc
npapp
spind