• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Linear Systems LSK389 / LSK170 JFETs (i.e. Toshiba 2sk389/2sk170 subs)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Ok Guys, I'll look into this with Trendsetter. LSK389 and LSK170s. No promises, but if we can make this a go, I will let you know. Please send me a PM with your interest so I can put my head around what numbers we might expect.

I just shipped several LDRs and going first class in the US and international was $2 to $3 shipping US Postal service for as many as 24 pcs., which I think is reasonable but we'll see how that comes out, too. Lower price is better!

Last edited:
2sk170GR and 2sJ74GR

Thanks windowman. I was aware of that site. I'm looking for the GR grade though.
Besides if the lsk170 is available, I'd like to try those as well.

Thanks.

I bought 200 each (both GR and BL) from a Japan electronic shop for matching to build a phono amp. I have a bunch left and can sell them at

2sk170, GR or BL at US$0.8 each
2sj74, GR or BL at US$1.3 each

Match pair (+ - 10%) need to add US$1 per pair using Erno's matching method on his webpage. Postage and handling is flat at US$7 with register air parcel post from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
I ask there is the following inventory
LSK389 (TO-71 metal can):
"C" $5.59

LSK170 (TO-92)
"C" $0.80

well, well, well... I just got off the phone with my local distributor for Linear Systems parts and would like to see if there is any interest in these parts.

The LSK389 is a drop-in replacement for those pesky Toshiba parts, and reported by some to have better specs even than the original. Here's a datasheet:

http://www.linearsystems.com/datasheets/LSK389.pdf

available in the usual Idss flavors, but with different names.

Also, for your viewing pleasure is the now out of production single version of the above. Here's a datasheet:

http://www.linearsystems.com/datasheets/LSK170.pdf

The distributor says they might be willing to mix and match Idss grades for us DIYers, and the order target is 100 pieces of the LSK389 and 100 pieces of the LSK170. So, if you're interested please state your Idss preference.

Now for prices (assuming quantity 100):

LSK389 (TO-71 metal can):
"A" $6.08
"B" $5.87
"C" $5.59

LSK170 (TO-92)
"A" $1.13
"B" $0.95
"C" $0.80

There needs to be another 8.25% sales tax added to the above part cost and shipping is free as they're located in my backyard (almost literally).

Rules for the group buy will be very similar to what I did for the ROE MKP1837 group buy(s) and will be posted later on. I may instantiate a minimum order if I so fancy one as these group buys are lots of work. This will be easier than 6,000 little blue boxes, but still....

Shipping to you will probably be $2 in the US and $4 internationally, depending on quantity. I will only accept PayPal with a 3% charge for US and 4% charge for International. Upfront, you'll be responsible for the number of parts and the PayPal fees and I will bill you later for actual shipping and any other charges that might have cropped up due to mis-estimation (that's not a word, is it...).

Next price break is at 1000, which may be feasible if the heavy rollers step in :) :)

So, have at it!