• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Linear Systems LSK389 / LSK170 JFETs (i.e. Toshiba 2sk389/2sk170 subs)

Hello,

thank you, I am very interesting about this order. I am in France.

I am looking for:

- LSK389 (SOIC package), qty 100 (i shall tell you the grade later)
- LSK389 (SOIC package), qty 50 multiple grade

- LSK170 (SOT23 package): qty 80 (I shall tell you the grade later)
- LSK170 (SOT23 package): qty: 50 multiple grade

Are you agree with my order?

Cheers

jeje

jeje said:
Hello,

thank you, I am very interesting about this order. I am in France.

I am looking for:

- LSK389 (SOIC package), qty 100 (i shall tell you the grade later)
- LSK389 (SOIC package), qty 50 multiple grade

- LSK170 (SOT23 package): qty 80 (I shall tell you the grade later)
- LSK170 (SOT23 package): qty: 50 multiple grade

Are you agree with my order?

Cheers

jeje

jeje:

yes, this sounds doable. welcome to the group buy!

I updated the wiki with the new orders in the thread. If anyone else sees one before I do, feel free to add it. I also updated my signature and linked this thread from the wiki as well.

If we don't get to 500 of any particular form factor in 2 weeks, then I'll close the group buy then. If we do, then I will leave it open a week at a time, pending progress towards the 1000 mark.

I am also considering a minimum order of $25 US, please let me know if this seems unreasonable.

"The LSK389 is a drop-in replacement for those pesky Toshiba parts, and reported by some to have better specs even than the original."

Not exactly truth.
Please find attached comment , made by D.Colin
I found it in AudioXPress magazine - Ultra Low Distortion Phono Preamp

Attachments

• d_colin comments.jpg
    d_colin comments.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,145
dodo said:
"The LSK389 is a drop-in replacement for those pesky Toshiba parts, and reported by some to have better specs even than the original."

Not exactly truth.

I think it has been said here that the Toshiba parts also need occasional sorting.

dodo said:

Not exactly truth.

That was a follow-up letter written in response to Dennis article on a low noise measurement preamplifier (there were a lot of follow-ups as there were some drafting errors).

Dennis' article had various filters that you could use -- 20Hz to 20kHz, 1kHz to 100kHz and various and sundry combinations -- and he didn't specify the range, low frequency etc., This makes an enormous difference depending upon the setup. Linear Systems specifies 0.9 (typical) to 1.9 (max) at 1kHz, 1 Hz BW AND 2.5 typ to 4.0 max at 10Hz, 1 Hz BW.

I would imagine that Linear Systems has something like the Quan-Tech which Scott mentioned in one of his posts. That notwithstanding, it is still interesting to keep the manufacturer's honest.

luvdunhill said:
here's a possible adapter board drawn up by a member. Any comments/interest/critiques ?

I think that was a drawing I made about 2 years ago -- I have the Gerber files for a similar device somewhere in this mess.

The problem with laying out the adapter, panellizing and sending them out is that they are very difficult to cut. My board house takes a dim view of rounded rectangles for snap aparts.

Aries has a line of adapters A724 at DK -- but they are about $3 even in quantities of 500. I've used them with the AD825.

luvdunhill said:
here's a possible adapter board drawn up by a member. Any comments/interest/critiques ?

Bellin Dynamic Systems, P510, http://www.beldynsys.com/singledual.htm available at Mouser as part# 853-B510, that's what I'm using.

For $45.95 you get 140 SOT8 adapters but you have to add the pins.

Very good quality, the boards are grooved for easy snapping. Given the quality, you can't beat this offer. Bellin takes direct orders and has many other interesting pattern sets. I'm also using the small SMT P513.

jackinnj said:

I think that was a drawing I made about 2 years ago -- I have the Gerber files for a similar device somewhere in this mess.

The problem with laying out the adapter, panellizing and sending them out is that they are very difficult to cut. My board house takes a dim view of rounded rectangles for snap aparts.

Aries has a line of adapters A724 at DK -- but they are about $3 even in quantities of 500. I've used them with the AD825.

if you find the layout that would be great.

syn08 said:

Bellin Dynamic Systems, P510, http://www.beldynsys.com/singledual.htm available at Mouser as part# 853-B510, that's what I'm using.

For $45.95 you get 140 SOT8 adapters but you have to add the pins.

Very good quality, the boards are grooved for easy snapping. Given the quality, you can't beat this offer. Bellin takes direct orders and has many other interesting pattern sets. I'm also using the small SMT P513.

again, I'm not sure SOT8 to DIP8 will be of much use here. The idea is to retrofit the cheaper SOT8 into the 7-zip package... maybe no one cares to do this, but it seems useful to me.