• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest in dual regulator LT1083 pcbs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If yo have 100-200 or more boards, you don't order them without a prototype run. I wouldn't do it.

Currently we're at 14 boards total and I don't think that will increase. I never wanted to reach much larger numbers.

P-A, I have the continued impression you think I'm a complete fool.

It is your right to think so, though I'm wondering what gives you this impression as I clearly commented each and every step to show the contrary.

Honestly I'm finally fed up now. If you would have read my posts fully, you would know that I just want to give some people the opportunity to get some extremely simple regulator boards, which are quite unique in the sense that they are designed to power a power amp. Something like this I have not seen offered here before. Small quantities for a few people.

At first and foremost I need them for myself. And I do have a strong interest that they work right from the start. And I am perfectly sure a less than 20 parts board is routinely done without a prototype.

As I'm routing manually I continously check the design against the schematic, of course there is forward- and back-annotation, and in addition (after another final schematic check) at least 2 full checks of all used part libraries are on my quality control. And I'm confident that this will give me soon flawless boards for a much larger project.

Dear P-A, I'm sorry, I know you as a highly reputable person so I try hard to think that you just want the best for everybody here.

As already said above, I'm fed up. You even openly insult my work without reason.

Folks, I'm sorry, this thing is over now.

The ones that showed interest I will mail directly and if you're still interested you will of course get your boards as I stand by my offer.

Have fun, Hannes

Update

I just stumbled over Per-Anders own Group buy PSU-board thread, see here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117036

There he does not mention obeying his rules, nor prototyping. In fact the word prototype can not be found in that thread.

Now I know why I'm treated like this. The group buy of ACDs PSU-boards - where Per-Anders is also involved - has too few orders! Too little interest.

So what to do if somebody else with an alternative shows up? Get rid of him!

What a shame.

Nevertheless people, have fun! Hannes

h_a said:
Update

I just stumbled over Per-Anders own Group buy PSU-board thread, see here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117036

There he does not mention obeying his rules, nor prototyping. In fact the word prototype can not be found in that thread.

Now I know why I'm treated like this. The group buy of ACDs PSU-boards - where Per-Anders is also involved - has too few orders! Too little interest.

So what to do if somebody else with an alternative shows up? Get rid of him!

What a shame.

Nevertheless people, have fun! Hannes
Only you can deside if the interest is enough or not. I'll agree that 14 boards is more or less a prototype run but not 100.

As long as an design is considered free (the level of art is low) I see no problem with that somebody else run the same groupbuy. It's not to get rid of somebody.

So, Hannes, carry on :nod:

Hi P-A,

I might be a very odd fellow, but for me audio is a hobby. It's recreation. It's fun.

If I happen to go into a direction where people start to fight eachother and forget that this should be fun, I go somewhere else.

I want to simplify my life. No interest in bad feelings in my hobby.

No further group buy.

All the best, Hannes

h_a said:
...get some extremely simple regulator boards, which are quite unique in the sense that they are designed to power a power amp. Something like this I have not seen offered here before.
This has been done before when I think about it. digi01 made a design a couple of years back.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39816&highlight=

Digi's home page
http://assemblycraft.com/regulator.htm

4 boards + shipping for 22 USD, quite nice price. It's possibly 2 boards, I'm not sure.:confused:

@jackh: it seems I cannot reach you via email. Please mail me wether you are still interested.

@Agent.5: please mail me if you're still interested as well. My last board offers now Vout-caps (180uF low ESR) and additional pads for other TO-220 regulators (like lm338 and many others) as well (thank you for the suggestion, Sheldon!).

Thank you! All the best, Hannes

what the postman brought today:D

Attachments

• pcb 003_s.jpg
    pcb 003_s.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 661
Hi woody,

the large boards are the regulator boards, 50x70mm, and came to 9E (about 13$) per board.

The small ones that you see in the picture are bridge-pcbs for the high voltage high current Schottky-diodes with ultra-low forward voltage - discussed here . With these little pcbs you can build a full bridge rectifier using 4 of these Schottky-diodes and I will offer a small number of them here.

If you're interested in the small Schottky-bridge pcbs, they're 25x25mm, drop me an email! :)

The regulator boards, however, are all gone.

Have fun, Hannes

Schematic

Please note that caps on the regulated side are necessary and that I did not provide space on the pcb for them. They should be mounted on the amp board anyway, so that they're close to the load.

Hi there, I am currently looking at the LT1033 regulator for negative voltage regulation but it is a bit pricey now that it's discontinued.

However here you have two positive regulators. I am confused. Is CONN4 outputting a negative voltage, if so how is that doing that from CONN"?

From CONN2 is '1' outputting a positive or negative voltage?

Thanks for any help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.