• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU Mini Group Buy FQA19N20C / FQA12P20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As mentioned on the Pass Forum, F5 thread, this is a mini group buy for Fairchild power MOSFET FQA19N20C / FQA12P20, matched N pairs and P pairs, and probably better (quads, etc) depending on the devices.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1494771#post1494771

Within the EU only (for bank transfer, postal & custom claim form reasons).
Maximum 500 pairs (I simply don't have the time to measure more devices) and the Group Buy will close.
And First come first serve.

We have so far :

40 pairs EUVL
100 pairs Jacco
100 pairs yggdrasil
20 pairs Yunick

190 pairs short.
Please only post here and not on the F5 thread.

Please note that Digikey price is excluding VAT, which is 19% in Germany (and in Holland I think). On top of that, Digikey charges a handling fee of something like 20-20 Euros, and we probably have to have 10% reject calculated in if we want matched quads (2Ns & 2Ps, but probably N-P with different Vgs, depends on what we get). On top of that postage to you (for 100 pairs by Small packet uninsured 7 Euros within the EU, Parcel / DHL insured 17 Euros.) It will endup somewhere around Euro 1.50 to 1.70 per pair depending on matching reject rate.

Patrick

> Are you sure you can order 500 parts at Digikey? It seems to me they ship only multiples of 450.

You are right.

So the group buy will stop at 400 pairs. We shall purchase 450 of each type. And the not-so-perfectly-matched devices will be distributed proportionally among all the participants.

We have so far :

40 pairs EUVL
100 pairs Jacco
100 pairs yggdrasil
20 pairs Yunick
60 pairs Cfm
30 pairs Zinsula
30 pairs Tazzz

380 pairs up to now. 20 pairs short.
If there are no takers today, I shall take the extra 20 pairs.

Cost estimates, payment terms and methods later.
Please indicate whether you want insured (17 Euros) or not insured (7 Euros) parcels by the Deutsche Post.

Patrick

Group Buy closed !!

For those who missed this chance, if you wish to start a new Group Buy, PLEASE start a new thread !!

This thread will be used to inform the participants of progress, etc.

They are :

40 pairs EUVL
100 pairs Jacco
100 pairs yggdrasil
20 pairs Yunick
60 pairs Cfm
30 pairs Zinsula
30 pairs Tazzz
20 pairs Danny_66

I shall enable my PM the next few days.
Please send me a PM stating :

You full name, postal address, and whether you wish the transistors to be sent insured or uninsured. The cost calculations will follow.

I have no Paypal account, so payment will be in advance and by EU bank transfer (which is free if you do online banking). Bank details only through PM. For Tino, if you have problems with the transfer, please let me know and I shall find a special solution for you, somehow.

Thanks you guys. That was quick.

Have a good weekend,
Patrick

Group Buy closed !!
If you wish to start a new Group Buy, please start a new thread.

Attached an excel sheet for cost estimates.
I am pretty much spot on with Euro 1.50 to 1.70.

Once I received emails from all, I shall let you know by PM how much to transfer and to what account.

When I have received all payment, I shall place order to Digikey, and keep you informed of progress. Matching will take a while (900 FETs !!), unless some of you what them unmatched but sent earlier. Please indicate in PM.

Patrick

Attachments

• 080427 fairchild eu group buy.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 148
EUVL said:
> I get the message: "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board."

Strange. I have enabled private message this morning.
Can't understand why it does not work.

Hi Patrick,

same applies for me. :( I tried several times today. Maybe you can send me your E-Mail address via PM to me.

Greetings,
Chris

I have contacted all and informed everyone but Danny of my banking details and the amount to transfer. Danny should also have my email address by now. Please get in touch.

Please note that the parts are non-stock at Digikey and are only ordered only at request. Estimated delivery by Digikey is 25 May if we order today (and we won't be because of time needed for the bank transfers). So please bear that in mind. Realistically, we are looking at end of June, middle of July EARLIEST as I need to find time to measure 900 FETs as well.

There was another question regarding match current.
For the amount of FETs, I can only do one single point at Vds=Vgs at a fixed current (see Nelson's article). For the SE version, nominal bias is 1.3A. For the balanced, I would suggest 2A. Therefore, as a compromise, I suggest 1.6A as the measurement point, if there are no objections. There is still time to debate.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.