• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jan

That looks good as far as the circuit is concerned, I cannot see any errors.

Are you going to just have solder pads on each board to solder the wire jumpers between boards or will you also have terminal blocks like Con 1 to Con 5 for these connections.

Do you have any idea of the physical board size for this design and will they both be the same size.

If they are to stack on top of each other , allow for holes in boards to take screws or some form of spacers to physically support boards. Also watch how high the boards will be fitted with large caps and diode heatsinks if stacked, as some people's chassis designs may not be high enough.

Regards

Gary..

Hi Gary;

You can see the temporary layout in post 79.
I intend to fitt the boards with both terminal blocks and Fastons. for ALL connections, also interconnections.....

We have the choice between the long pcb in post 66 (lenght 35 cm!!!!), and the modular in post 79. The advantage of the last layout is that it can either be stacked or placed side by side (and the board with caps can be fitted in a 90 degree angle to lower the hight).

I think that the options of the last version would fitt most builder best........

Sad to inform you all, that the stackable solution as shown in my schematic in post 79 doesn't seem to be very practical when layouted.... Connectors everywhere for forth and back...

A solution could be just to make the long version in post 66 "breakable" in the middle, so you can divide this in 2 and either stack them or place them side by side.....

Hi Jan

I also have no problem with this longer board. My only comment would be that you could probably fit in three off 3watt CRC resistors in the space you have shown for each rail on the PCB.

If people do not want to use the resistors, they can simply link them out, or wire in an external off board inductor for those using CLC filter.

Regards

Gary..

Hi Jan

This looks good to me. You have all bases covered from what you have shown here. Now all you need to do is add some nice heavy tracks for a stiff low impedance power supply that will suit all class A and A/B amp designs from 10 watts to 500 watts per channel

Good work, and I am sure you should get good interest for this design.

Best Regards

Gary..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.