• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amp PCB Group Buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Several has asked me question regarding Rail Voltages for this LYNX Amp.

I can inform you that I run my Amps on +/-42 to +/-50 VDC (toroid 2x30 to 2x35 VAC, 300W per PCB).

I know many who uses higher voltages (with the onboard Current Limiting circuit disconnected), however I see no point in that as the SOA (Safe Operating Area) for the output devices then is easily reached :hot:

And last a warning!
Many have over the years emailed me with the same problem;
The driver transistors MJE15032/MJE15033 blows up when powered up first time....
I did also experience this in the beginning, until I realised that my MJE's was fakes !!! Trashed them all!
The original MJE's will NOT blow up! These transistors are perfect for this job, and used in many designs.

;)

jan.

Can I use 2sc4793/2sa1837 in place of mje´s, as long as
2sc5200/2sa1943 for the output?

And what other options of opamp would work here?
opa 2134?

with the rails voltage you suggested what is the expected output?

Thanks and sorry for so much questions!;)

Regards.

gary s said:
Hi Jan

Good on you Jan. Keep up the good work.

Count is now up to 107 boards, anyone not signed up yet should get in as this is a very rock solid design.

Regards

Gary..

OBS.
The WIKI totals 105 right now! Ragnwald and WJH are not on the WIKI list. Wonder what WIKI they signed up in.
If you are right and those two guys signed up, the total should be 111? Just wondering....

Edit. Oh, WJH just made it to the list, so total is now 107.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.