• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JX92S Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FYI, I just finished my speakers made with the group but JX92S. I put them in a sealed box calculated from Zaph's measurements (Thanks Zaph!).
Baffle width is the same as Jim Griffins with same BSC used. They are a little shorter and deeper than Jim's. I did this so I could put 1/4-20 T-nuts inside the tops and bottoms and mount them using some A/D/S L300 wall brackets. With my TB 8" sub the sound is nothing less than stunning. Much better than the A/D/S L300's they replaced. The soundstage and air is unbelievable. I hear details and definition in familiar music that I never knew was there. These are keepers!

I finally finished my cabs as well. I have this habit of getting things functional but not finished and listening to them. Of course once they are in the system they don't tend to come out, so I now have several pairs of speakers in various states of completion. This time I kept at it until the project was done. How sweet they sound. Now I want to play with adding the baffle step.

Here's mine from the group buy. 1 cubic foot BR cabs and they sound amazing.

No sub needed. It just happened to be there when the picture was taken.

JordanPair.jpg

DaveM, ejfud: Great looking veneer jobs! ejfud - are those finished? Looks sanded / bare still, but I quite like the simple curved-end veneer pattern, with the driver & port aesthetically balanced - has a classic look to it... would love to see them again after a few coats of varnish, to bring out the colour / grain.

audiosteve said:
... I hear details and definition in familiar music that I never knew was there. These are keepers!

They're great at this, aren't they? I'm using them in pretty much the exact same way - Jim Griffin's crossover with G2Si ribbon in a vented 0.25cu.ft. Parts Express curved-side box. One thing I really appreciate as an apartment dweller (and one of the first things I noticed) is the ability to listen at low SPLs and still hear very deep into the recording. I am getting more subtleties and greater definition of sounds which used to be either indistinct or missing with my previous speakers, the Zaph L18 / 27TBFCG's which I built 3 years prior (and those are no slouch of a speaker). The imaging is also far better - the JX92's easily beat the L18's in almost every way except bass SPL.

In the little BR boxes, the bass is a bit more rolled off / laid back than I'm used to (this may be in part due to less than full BSC, which IMO is fine because in real situations speakers do not radiate into a true 4-pi space or even a 2-pi space in the LF). But clearly, the potential exists for greater extension and output from the Jordan - I'm entertaining thoughts of transplanting the drivers into an MLTL, maybe a ML-TQWT.

I hear someone is bringing a pair of ZD5's to BAF'08 - I'm keen to hear them side-by-side with the JX92s... are the Revelators really on the same level as the Jordans?

Thanks for the kind words.

Finished, no. Heck they don't even have veneer on the sides yet. I brought them up for a listen and they have stayed.

I also built some spiked outriggers from maple and walnut that will help with stability. They get a little shaky when the volume goes gets a little high.

Have been been running these with the Onix supertweeter and it's real nice.

I have a pair I am not using. I mounted them in an open baffle to play with and they might have .75 to an hour on them.

If in USA contact me and we can work something out...I am going to high-efficiency speakers for a tube amp I am building...that and I already have a pair I have been using for over a year!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.