• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to guage interest in a groupbuy for Carlos' (Destroyer X) second version of his DX amp.

Rated at about 100W @4 ohms
and 50W into 8 ohms...
This is not the destructive point however, only the point at which distortion becomes more.

Not being able to make paypayl withdrawals presents me with a bit of a problem, so I needed to make enquiries into geting a merchant acount to deal with credit card payments on a secure basis...

This means that I will not be able to produce the boards unless there is good interest...

Boards will be provisionaly (I still have to go check their production plant out) made in South Africa. Which will provide a more stable price, as any increase in the dollar would otherwise push sales price and production costs into the wrong direction to make it viable...

Construction is single sided, with solder mask and silkscreen.
Prices are estimates as there may be hidden costs to me... so keep anothr $5 or so in the back of your head.

Quoted as stereo pairs i.e. 2 channels
total production 10 sets +-$30 per set
total production 20 sets +-$22 per set, which is lower than the qoute from Olimex, as well as saveing the shipping cost and time from there to here, and back to you

Resistors exluding the 3 power resistors can be provided at a dollar or 2, saveing you to stock up on unused components.

Here is an example of one channel etched at home...
Total size for 2 channels is 1 eurocard... i.e 10cm x 16cm (4" x 6 1/4")

pressnpeel.jpg

So far we have potentaly accounted for 8 sets... If we can get another 7, pricebreak comes down to about $25 a set allready...

The amp will work well over a large range of supply voltages... just varying the zeners...

It can be built with or without capacitance multiplyer, produceing about half a farad per channel.... or these transistors can be omitted and bypassed with simple resistors, if that is your fancy...

Constructors will be given A4 size schematics, layout overviews, and voltage measurement points for faultfinding, So no advanced knowledge is required...

Total BOM cost exluding the 2 output transistors and their 2 decoupling elcos (2200uf -10000uf 50V 25mm or less diameter)...
was about 112 Rand...i.e. about $15... so not terribly expensive as far as these things go....

The last one I built, only used loosely matched (multimeter hfe) transistors, in the input pairs... with no matching anywhere else...
and still only has an offset of about 1mV.

So please add your name, noone is under any kind of obligation until we proceed to the second stage, where I have to fund this from my pocket...

Thank you for your time.
Nico

P.S. Thanks Ed I got your mail...or was it Bongo's :whazzat:

Hi Max, Like Greg I will put up a website shortly.
The circuit is a later version than the one on Greg's site...

Glad to see we are up to eleven guys (and girls) after so little time...

I have no hesitation in recommending this amp. It is extreme value for money... will run circles around any chipamp... and I mean equater sized ones... I have built one or two headphone amps in the past that came close to seperating singers from background singers like this... in fact just sitting infront of one speaker (plugging it in) I was amazed at how the sound seemed to beam infront of the box, placeing the instruments in clearly defined levels from back to front...

Then my wife, who had to climb over the mess for two weeks, while I took over the living room, started handing me CD after CD... all grumbles about the mess forgotten... and tonnes of praise.

no e-mail

Hi meanman,

as a new member of diyaudio.com
I do not have access to other member e-mail addresses yet,
so I cannot contact you this way.
Since you should not have this problem,
please do not hesitate to contact me via my member e-mail address.

Cheers,

----------
konkret

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.