Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version. - Page 68 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2008, 10:28 PM   #671
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Nordic, I sent you an email. Can not find the link to purchase the HRII on your site. Only can purchase the module.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:51 PM   #672
diyAudio Member

Nordic: Since we are on the subject of orders, are all of the Speaker Protection modules spoken for?

Dave
Old 27th March 2008, 01:25 AM   #673
t-head is offline t-head  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I will not be able to build my set from the group buy. 2 amp pcb, 2 ps pcb, resistor/transistor kit. $57.50 + shipping. PM or email. payment by paypal.

t
Old 27th March 2008, 07:44 PM   #674
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Hi there sorry been out of town today.
Also haveing problems with outlook express... not had much time to try and figure it out... I suspect the virus is back.

Hi Paux sorry to keep you waiting, did not see your question, but it wil have to wait until tommorrow so that I can just get a fresh quote on the replacement cost to me, as the boards were form a large batch innitialy, I see 4 boards in the envelope, I normally keep them in , and I think I have two more somewhere.

Will place an order for a handfull more HRII, for those who don't quite have the budget for a PI yet.

I definately have protection modules left, and I think PSU boards too, allthough I will be restocking those automaticaly as they seem pretty popular.

I will doublecheck orders vs stock tommorrow morning.
Old 27th March 2008, 08:47 PM   #675
diyAudio Member

Nordic,
I bought the unopened box that T-Head got from you earlier. He lives quite near me and I know the shipping will be fast and the quality will obviously be exactly the same
Thanks
Uriah
Old 27th March 2008, 08:49 PM   #676
diyAudio Member

Great Uriah, I was going to suggest we help out T first... and that he was close enough etc...
Old 27th March 2008, 10:06 PM   #677
diyAudio Member

Nordic,
I am considering which transformer to get. You recommend 26-28vac. I am running into plenty of 25v and 30v but nearly nothing in between and nothing that would fit the bill. Any reason NOT to build my own? I found this site which others might find useful and it allows purchasing a primary wound toroid that you have to wind your own secondaries onto. It might be nice because then you could maybe make several secondaries and build a transformer enclosure with several different voltage outputs to use for powering different projects.
http://www.toroid.com/standard_trans...ormer_kits.htm

Also, you recommend using two transformers. What is the advantage?

I was reading another post of yours "http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1426463#post1426463 in which you mentioned that it was good to use two separate power supplies, but I also thought I saw a post by you saying to keep them close to the amp if not in the amp enclosure.

Would you be so kind as to clear these up for me?

edit: so what about a 25v-0-25v transformer? Am I giving up anything?
another edit: its for my 8Ohm speakers
Old 28th March 2008, 07:42 PM   #678
diyAudio Member

Hi Uriah, sorry for delay one of my ex-clients got their website hacked, so now they are back needing urgent attention...
Either of those transformers will work fine, at worst you will have to change the values of the zener rail referances to insure about a 3 to 5V drop.

As a channel puts out a peak the voltage in the supply tends to drop or is modulated in fancier english.

When you have 2 channels connected to the same PSU, peaks on one channel modulates the voltage the other channel sees...

To reduce this you can use 1 transformer and 2 PSUs.

To eliminate this you use 2 transformers and 2 PSUs.
Old 28th March 2008, 09:46 PM   #679
diyAudio Member

I get it! Thanks Nordic.

Nordic, I have one more question (at the moment probably more to come once I get the kit).
I was thinking of making the PSU separate from the amp. So there might be an enclosure (the PSU) on the bottom of my audio rack and then the amp enclosure a few inches above it, but definitely separate enclosures. Is this distance a bad thing? Whats the max distance you would recommend? I wanted to do this so that I can use it for other projects since similar voltages will work for a lot of the projects I have seen on DIY. OR I could just put the transformers in a separate enclosure and keep the rest of the PSU in the AMP enclosure.
Tell me what you think. Please anyone else chime in as well if you feel inclined.

Thanks
Uriah
Old 28th March 2008, 09:52 PM   #680
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos!

How are you? Hope it is not to hot for you in Brazil.

A few posts ago you mentioned the Sanyo STK chips. Did you ever build a input/vas section for a STK2040/3040 -- they are just the power amp ones.

I built an amp around one of these, but it does not sound good. I would like to try a different circuit, if not I can just re-use the parts.

The chip was from a 1980's Yamaha unit.

regards

Andrew (nogoodbuyer )

Hide this!Advertise here!