• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: To increase your power you will need some small modifications

destroyer X said:

The current we have into the VAS is already enougth...do not need to change the bootstrapp resistances.... they are fine.

You will have more power, even in the stand by mode, because the increase of voltage...so...even the VAS transistors will need heatsink.... also you can use two BD139 as VAS

Good luck!

regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
thanks for your help in the 50Volt version.
I do not understand what you mean by ".... also you can use two BD139 as VAS".
Does this mean that I should use a transistor such as the MJE15032 instead of the BD139?
Also do I increase the 1K5 resistor that connects the positive rail to the 47uF cap?

Regards
Harry

The voltage amplifier stage is using two transistors

one is small, and the second one is bigger (BD139)...i said that both can be BD139...those two transistors, together, constitute the VAS, the voltage amplifier.

All the voltage produced into the amplifier appear there.

The VAS stage, normally second stage, receive the signal from the first transistors into the differential..into the colector you may have a resistance or a transistor as a load for the first transistor.... transconductance happens there...current appear and will send to the VAS... this will be magically transformed into enormous voltage swing...more than 50 volts peak to peak.

The amplifier has no noises into turn on or turn off..silent..dead silent.

regards,

Carlos

Ok guys the domain www.dxamp.com is now live....

I have started to upload the information, but managed to break my template again... got it mostly fixed as I type this... so some pages are available, others will be unavailable for a few minutes as I work through them...

Orders are not active yet, as I am still waiting for authorisation to get a credit card facility.

Also the construction aids have not been uploaded yet, as I still need to do the artwork for that.

You can get a general feel for how things will work and what will be required, by going through the site so long.... there will be many typo's and things like that over the next day or two... I run the spell checker when I'm happy that I am more or less done.

Just to give you an idea of the price, I phoned the official Toshiba destributors quickly.... prices qouted in south african rand (ZAR)
sc5200 single R110, tube of 100 R18 each
sa1943 single R92, tube of 100 R16 each...

So even if you bought 100, the price comparison would be
5x18 + 5x16 = R170 (but you have to buy R3400 worth of transistors)
$35 = +-R240

So I think that $35 price is pretty fair.

Ok, I looked at Farnell, they charge GBP2.5 per...
We can get that through manthech on special order... they add a bit to the price, but it is normally not too much.

PS... will someone do me a favour, I seem to be stuck behind a cashe, just go to the construction help page on the site, and see if you can open all the pdf's that have file sizes indicated... the other ones are not linked to anything yet...

I can see the files in my ftp browser, but IE won't open all of them.

Giving me gray hairs...

P.S. I know its still a little crooked in Firefox... working on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.