Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version. - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2007, 07:48 PM   #161
diyAudio Member

Default Heat sinks for the drivers

Perhaps Nordic will offer a BOM part number later, but so far I have been unable to find (in catalogs) driver heatsinks that will fit the current PC board layout. If I measured correctly, the heatsinks will have to be no more 10-12 mm wide (C11 and C14 limit the widths

It would be good to inform the group if someone knows of a heatsink that will fit.

Regards,
Francois
Old 14th October 2007, 07:19 AM   #162
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

My main problem is that I just have the freeware version of Eagle... (board is at max size for it) If one of you can set me up with a full version, feel free to drop me a mail....

I have managed to push many of the resistors up to larger package after a request for it... the bypass caps can be attached under the board... my first choice was Roedersteins, but I couldn't make em fit on top, eventualy I settled for a middleground of Wima MKP sizes... PLease ensure you have the version D files from the website... Press F5 if you still see the old stuff from your cache. It is available in a zip file... please use that if you can, to save bandwidth...
The cap between the 2 resistors comming from the input transistors is spaced for an FKP2 though. I still have a few left so I will randomly add them to a few packages.

I think the performance increase you can gain with "better" components, on this particular amp, is far outweighed by the cost of those components... i.e. it sounds so good, it is pointless to spend more money for .0005% perfomance increase...
That is just my opinion... your mileage, hearing, my differ.

But as I said hook me up with a full eagle, and I'm your guy.

I see the BOM needs some work again, the first one I did is on a virus infected drive... so I'm not keen to go there again... but it seems I will have to, to save some time, as it had some part numbers etc in, as well as costing figures for a capacitor kit, one based on mostly Wima MKP2s and one based on cheaper brands... The caps I have in my amp now, are pretty low cost, allthough not bad, they are in fact the exact same types Brian sells with the Twisted Pear kits. Little yellow ones... I don't know the brand, he might be able to help out.

My main opinion is that you can save your nice parts for amps that need em....

Some news on the server... I just managed to enter an https address on the site, so that means my certificate is installed, and I can now probably get the catalog running quickly, after 2 weeks worth of dry runs...

Worst case scenario, I might have to call my friend to come poke the keys with a slowboat and a cup of Jackob's coffee. Only way to get him to do anything.
Old 14th October 2007, 09:58 AM   #163
Jozua is offline Jozua  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Looking Good

Nordic

I cant wait to get going.

I want to put this amp againts some of my friends very high end digital equipment and see the results...?

Regards

Jozua
Old 14th October 2007, 12:16 PM   #164
rabbitz is offline rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Yes.... Year 1951 produced nice folks... Hugh Dean is one..also Halojoy

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

... you and me included..for sure!

Carlos
... and me in 1951.
Old 14th October 2007, 02:33 PM   #165
diyAudio Member

Guess what??????????

I just processed the first successfull credit card transaction (allthough it was a test card no etc..). I feel way impressed with myself right now, can make another notch on my skills list.

Sure it cost a few bucks to learn, but now I can sell this as part of websites to some of the local guys I deal with. (I dable in webdesign) here is one of my recent websites http://capecountryroutes.com/.

I guess I'll be ready to start takeing your money in a day or two then.

Just want to talk to Jack and Ed about how they want to go about things first.

P.S. for those who had security concerns the site now processes the transaction part behind a secure layer, so you will see the little lock in the URL bar when you go to checkout your shopping basket.
Old 14th October 2007, 07:10 PM   #166
diyAudio Member

Hey Nordic!

Thanks so much for your huge effort. I'm sure there loads of people here who appreciate it.

Also, I hope it is not too long before you are in good health again, good luck with that.

~Andrew~
Old 14th October 2007, 07:13 PM   #167
konkret is offline konkret  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default 2 transistor sets for me please

Hi Nordic,

can you count me in for two transistor sets (for 4 amps), please?
Some spare transistors will be good...
Just realized that I missed the 1st transistor run ... never mind.

He, now I understand how you managed to set up such a perfect
web site in record time!

-----------
konkret
Old 14th October 2007, 07:47 PM   #168
diyAudio Member

Konkret do you want me to send your stuff with the Europe groupbuy stuff via Jack C? or do you want direct shipping?

P.S. You ain't seen nothing yet... the catalog is pretty neat, will take some time for customisation, but that I can always do later...
Old 15th October 2007, 06:32 PM   #169
diyAudio Member

Default Board size and part pitch

Nordic,

Re post #162, I did not know that you were bumping against the max board size you could process. Thank you for maximizing pitch within those constraints.

Regards,
Francois
Old 15th October 2007, 08:01 PM   #170
diyAudio Member

Hi Francois, I did manage to push a few extra resistors up a size, specialy for you, as well as a minor other improvement to ground traces...
I was literaly u pagains the 12mil spaceing the fabricators require between the edge and the components.

It will have to be a surprise for a day or so, as I am busy trying to get the last few things sorted out in the catalog, so we can start processing orders tommorrow.

Also need to finalise shipping costs so that we have one variable less. Provisionaly for direct orders it will be in the area of $5.

Prices are as follows
1 stereo set PCBs $20
1 stereo set of transistors $5

TO ALL USA GROUPBUYERS.
If you want to have your parcel sent via Ed Lafontaine, please drop him a message or contact me at sales at dxamp.com (I guess you know how to read that). I am planning if costs are not too prohibative to courier a large parcel to him, which should not only speed up delivery, but also take a little risk out of the mail system. Shipping costs to be advised

EUROPE GROUPBUYERS
If you want to receive your items through Jack C, you also have to contact Jack or myself as soon as possible, with your all the details you think he might need to process your package. As he will be paying me for the Europe batch and you will be paying him.
Same as the US group, shipping costs to be advised

Thank you to all the kind helpers for the nice software.

Hide this!Advertise here!