• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll take two stereo sets (4 PCBs), plus 4 sets of the power supply boards and the other two small associated boards. Would also buy any parts kits available. Thanks, looks like a great first time build. I've built a lot of tube amps, I need to try SS, especially for this cheap. May as well build two sets...

Chris

Finaly!!!! back from the hospital... any of you guys been in the MRI scanner for an hour before? just plain horrible!!!!!!!!!

OK, I just finished costing on the transistor kits.
these kits consist of all the transistors you will need to build two channels, except for the 4 output transistors.

Kit contains
BC556A 2 pairs
BC546B 3 pairs
BD140 + BD139 4 pairs
BD139 1 pair

My cost is just shy of $4 per set, I will sell at $5 to make up for the petrol to fetch it, bank charges, and of course for the time to sit and match these buggers.... suppose I will have to build a better matching jig now.

I have to do the other costings during the day.

We have not moved to production of the PSU boards yet... normally there is quite a wait for everyone to pay their bits in... but as soon as our transaction processing works, and the first couple of payments come in, it should clear funds for the PSU boards again (sorry I am a medical pensioner, not a rich man).

The PSU boards will be plain CNC milled PCB without silkscreen or soldermask, to save costs... they will be cheaper than the amp PCBs by quite a bit though. The guy does same day processing, but is up country from me though, so it will take a day or 2 in the mail to get my hands on the PCBs though... nothing that should realy stretch the production run much longer than it has taken up to now.

If you are haveing problems with the webserver today, it is because it is being moved to Australia, the movement process started last night allready, some of you in the first world may allready be looking at that server... I don't know if the host has copied the website over too, or just moved the domain, our south african DNS servers will probably only take me to the new server at 12 tonight.

In the meantime, I can't see it.

Nordic said:
It is on the website now...... I think

I forgot to mention with the transistor post, there will be 16 kits available in total for the first batch, some are allready spoken for.
Get on the preorder bandwaggon before it leaves...

Oh good, I'll take one of those kits if its still available.

EDIT- I just looked at the web page, very nice!

For those of you downloading the AMP files, please refresh the construction page... It is now updated to version C... It should say V.C next to the downloads...

I need to update the BOM again, there is a small mistake on there relateing to part numbers and it exluded the components for the bias servo.

TheNew files are

Updated/corrected schematics, now contains bias servo.

Updated/corrected silkscreen (it does not have the wire link from pad at C11 to GND in , but this MUST still be installed)

Updated/modified PCB (relay part has been replaced with simple 3 pin jumper, as it is basicaly an option you will select at install time to suit your speakers. Bias servo connection points moved to easier positions to find.

Sorry for the little inconvenience now, but it is better than a big mess at the end.

I will add the updated BOM shortly, please ignore the one that is there... it is correct in terms of component values, but numbering is wonky and some components are missing.

Also forgot the kit will need and extra pair of BD139 for the bias servos, but I can work it into the $5 price for the kit set without it affecting the bottomline much...

I plan to get on with the PSU boards shortly and will keep all informed, I just want to know the AMP board requires no more work from me, until it comes to installation support.

Sheldon has offered to doublecheck for me, so I will let him give the final OK, when he sees no more errors.

Hi guys, thanks for the orders....

Hey max, its like being holed up in a subwoofer that occasionaly gets put inside a winged piano... ok the first few minutes... then you realise your head is clamped into protect your ears... and thats where the ride gets claustraphobic... was an hour of hell...

I didn't even wait for the results... I just had to leave when i was done... the doctor can phone me if they spot any gremlins.

Not everyday a sexy blonde woman phones me....

The transactions will be straight forward credit card payments...

The transaction part gets handled securely on the supermerchant's server, kinda like when you do a paypal payment...

I never get or see the credit card details... and thus do not have to worry about security that much... there are some rules and instructions I need to follow, and thats it.

Hey Dud, I don't know if it is the calm before the storm, but I feel like a puppy today, can't remember when last I had so few physical complaints... I'm feeling good!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.