• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those in the European Community...

Can one of you be of assistance to meanman 1964?
His request is simple: he needs some assistance in the transaction to acquire boards. I'll do it from the US, however without paypal the next option requires a money transfer penalty...the banking system is your friend????...
Could someone step up who is willing to accept his boards and send to him.
Meanman, we will get you boards, let's see if someone steps forward.

The schematic on Greg's site is close to the one you will find on the board...

Some small diffirences, are
space for 2 zeners in series on the VBE to make up smaller voltages for lower supplies...

Also for some reason, the output resistor on mine is marked for 0R22, Greg's would probably be the correct value there...

I'm runnig mine without the output inductor, but if you like to listen with a scope, you should add these...... I need to get used to the new sound (changed to passive preamp on Friday, but will soon compare with adding the output inductors... of coarse you are a clever Krell builder so no need to explain what it does.....

Also the board makes provision for larger caps on the power rails... you should at least be able to fit 4700ufs in the space...

My working prototype is running with 4700u + 10000 per rail on the PCB... this is excluding the power supply.

We are approaching the $20 a set point now, if everyone goes through with their orders at this stage... might be a dollar or so either way...

Feel free to contact me directly, you have my e-mail address, I think I can get it down a few rand for you, as you probably won't have to use the credit card payment facility.

Greg: nice work on the site..... was not aware you added DXII, thought you just overhauled the DX site.

I'm very happy to see people come together with common interests...good things happen. Thank You Jack C. for extending a hand to help.
I've been thinking about asking for a BOM and it appears, followed closely by Nordic's comments on things.
Those who are unsure can go ahead and get on board.
Rest assured as new things are discovered about the amp they will be shared.
Thanks for the update, Greg.
I'm looking forward to hearing an amp from Carlos.

I'm smiling :D

Welcome, Rabbitz.

I will try to finalise the payment facilities this week...... all major credit cards should be OK.

I will try to keep you guys ... and gals...informed.

Also still looking for safest low cost way to mail the parcels and get them to their destinations quickly...... I don't trust our post office system..... I'll be looking at mail couriers like DHL etc.... this normally also speeds up customs processes on the receiving end.

Hello Nordic,

since I am a new forum member and still under moderation I do not have access to your e-mail address.
If you see my e-mail under my member properties, could you please send me a short message such that I can reply?
I do not like posting my address here because of web page scanners, and my mail account is already filling with spam too much ...

Thanks!

----------
konkret

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nordic said:
Greg: nice work on the site..... was not aware you added DXII, thought you just overhauled the DX site.

Hi Nordic,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, after a discussion with the boss, it was decided to keep the original DX Amplifier pages intact and just add the DX HRII schematic and BOM. The table of contents was changed a bit to accommodate both amplifiers.

Ed LaFontaine said:
I'm very happy to see people come together with common interests...

Thanks for the update, Greg.

Hi Ed,

No problems. My efforts are very, very minor compared to Carlos and Nordic.

regards

No, but I can... welcome on board...

Sorry for takeing so long to respond... crazy weekend, and today is a public holiday...satelite dish broke... had to spend hours to get a technitian to come out. Then one cat went awol... found her inside the house eventualy...

Right now I am about ready for bed after all this stress...... and it is only 5pm.

P.S. Konkret, I will keep ane eye open for that e-mail link of yours... should'nt take much longer before you are a full member... maybe shoot a post to one of the mods, they have been known to make an exception here and there....

Greg, I dissagree, I only copied and modified your hard work from before... Ecat also requires some thanks as he provided schematic files etc... which reduced my job to fiddleing with placements for a few hours every night... I normally lay out a few random circuits to help me fall asleep.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.