• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest in a Tweeter Group Buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a fairly large stock (about 100 or so) of Peerless/Vifa soft dome tweeters. They are model #BC25SC15-04. See the PDF here for photo, full specs, and response curves.

It's an OEM model number, so I have not been able to find a retail price for comparison. However, the nearly equivalent non-OEM tweeter (D26NC55) runs $25 - $30 each, depending on quantity.

I have seen these same tweeters on eBay for $45 per case of 11, but they are all damaged in some way. These are new-in-box and for a group buy would run $4 each in any quantity.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll start a group buy thread.

Time to dig out those dusty line array plans! :D

OK, I picked up 120 of these today. Had to wait an extra day because Monday was a holiday in the U.S. I may be able to get 60 to 80 more if the demand is there.

They come 20 per case, so if you get 12 or more, they will be in the original packaging. Less than that and I will re-pack them.

Please email your shipping address to matt at astronomydaily dot com. Be sure to include both your real name for addressing and your screen name so I can match up the orders. Once I get them weighed and the shipping costs calculated, I will post the totals here.

Someone emailed asking for pictures, even though they are exactly like the one in the PDF file in my first post.

20 in the case:

Attachments

• _igp3884.jpg
    _igp3884.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 808
As far as shipping costs...

A case of 20 just fits in a flat rate Priority Mail box. So if you want at least 12, and live in the U.S., shipping will be $8.95 regardless of weight or destination.

For smaller quantities, I will need to pack and weigh them to get the shipping total, but it will not be more than $8.95, or I'll just use the same flat rate box.

For international, the flat rate Priority Mail box is $35.15 to any country with 6-10 day delivery, so that will probably be the best way to go. Again, I'll have to get a shipping weight for smaller quantities and when I do, I'll also compare the regular rate to specific countries to see if it might be less.

I'll start getting all the orders and totals together tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

OK, I have 122 tweeters accounted for and 120 on hand! I'll be making a trip tomorrow to see how many more I can get.

Here's what I've got so far:

Code:
Screen Name     Name  Qty Subtotal  Ship To     Shipping  Total
----------------------------------------------------------------
AnthonyPT         ?    12   $48.00  Australia     $35.15  [b]$83.15[/b]
Landoctor      Donovan 16   $64.00  California     $8.95  [b]$72.95[/b]
stevodude      Stephen 12   $48.00  Australia     $35.15  [b]$83.15[/b]
safetyman      Mohd     4   $16.00  Malaysia      $21.57  [b]$37.57[/b]
Ed LaFontaine  Ed      12   $48.00  Kentucky       $8.95  [b]$56.95[/b]
pchw              ?    12   $48.00  California     $8.95  [b]$56.95[/b]
happy.gringo   Kevin    8   $32.00  Florida        $8.95  [b]$40.95[/b]
Nordic            ?    12   $48.00  South Africa  $35.15  [b]$83.15[/b]
neutron7          ?     8   $32.00  Canada        $19.00  [b]$51.00[/b]
none           Thomas  20   $80.00  Georgia        $8.95  [b]$88.95[/b]
rjb            Ross     6   $24.00  New Zealand   $22.00  [b]$46.00[/b]

Anyone that is ready to send money can PayPal to matt at astronomydaily dot com. Make sure to include your shipping address with the payment -- not everyone that emailed so far has included that info.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.