Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy - Page 95 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2008, 03:31 PM   #941
pchw is online now pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ckwong99
Dear Folks,

Just found a power AMP case from China's DIY site :

http://www.lite8.com/product.php?action=369

It's net weight is 15KG with heat sink and inside dimension is 480mm=W*135mm=H*420mm=D. Seems it is moderate for this project

CK
I purchased one of these from a Hong Kong seller at ebay.
There are actually 4 heatsinks, 2 on each side. Since the Leach board has the output transistor on one side of board, a heat spread plate is needed because there is no way for one heat sink to dissipate the heat, but then a 0.25" copper plate will cost as much as a Conrad heatsink, duh!! The fins are only 1" tall, so I don't think it is adequate for any high rail voltage (60+??) and hotter than "stock" bias. Also, the silk screen in the front is somewhat annoying, any suggestion on how to get rid of it :-)

Edit: I paid close to double the price with shipping and profit of the ebay middle-man :-)
Old 4th December 2008, 03:45 PM   #942
diyAudio Member

The price already list in the WEB site is CNY 650 , so that exchange to other countries USD$95 and EUR$75.

Currency exchange ref link :
http://finance.sina.com.hk/cgi-bin/forex/calculate.cgi

I have even contact the shop if ship to HK about HKD$140. This WEB DIY component is quite popular in China and Asia. If anyone interest it can try the following email quote a shipping price. They can read English .

lsaudio@pub.guangzhou.gd.cn

Actually, China can find many fake things but in general I will choose some hardware like this stuff. It should not be fake making and easily be discovered.

Few years ago I bought a Peramp case all alumnium only HKD260 on this site. So far so good use up to 3 years.
Old 4th December 2008, 04:55 PM   #943
diyAudio Member

Carl,
Thanks for the update on the Super guy.
What kind of deminsions are you needing for the heatsinks. I have several 6x6x2,5 heatsinks which I use and mount to a .250 plate. Would you consider them.
Any hints on what kind of rail juice you are using for the tests. We all have been patiently waiting for this beast for quite some time. There is some serious interest in it. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Bob,
Of course most of us do not need 250 plus watts it is just something leftover from the old rock and roll era. Kind of like 600 horsepower cars and big motorcycles. Never enough juice. You know a guy thing. Wonder why we are like that. Heck you road around in a 50000 horsepower jet. Now that is cool. One percent of one percent. Not many get to go there.

Tad
Old 4th December 2008, 07:27 PM   #944
diyAudio Member

Tad,

What I am really looking for is something for use on the test bench. My plan is to first build a single channel and then excersize that channel with an AP box attached. A pair of the described heatsinks joined with an aluminum plate would work for that purpose. What do you want for them?

I will be running 70 volt rails (at least initially) and experimenting with a variac to find an optimum.

Once I get data from the test bench I expect to order extrusions from a source yet to be determined. Would builders here be interested in doing a group buy on a custom chassis? We would be getting chassis from the same shops that do commercial product cabs every day. I would expect that a custom chassis (including heatsinks) would be $130 to 150 each. That's US $$ coming from southern California.
Old 4th December 2008, 07:49 PM   #945
pchw is online now pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl_Huff
Would builders here be interested in doing a group buy on a custom chassis? We would be getting chassis from the same shops that do commercial product cabs every day. I would expect that a custom chassis (including heatsinks) would be $130 to 150 each. That's US $$ coming from southern California.
If it is this cost with heatsinks, I will be all over it. Look at a few post back, I paid much more than that for a not too suitable chassis :-)
Old 4th December 2008, 09:09 PM   #946
diyAudio Member

What size chasisis and heatsinks? If the right size, I would sign up for one.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:12 PM   #947
diyAudio Member

When I rough costed this 30 days ago it was for mono chassis using a single MK6243 extrusion from M&M Metals. The package measured (roughly) 13 inches deep by 10 inches wide by 7 inches tall. Essentially a three sided box with 10mm brushed aluminum faceplate. Black powder coated with a natural aluminum face. The cost for box and heatsink was $130 to $150 dependent upon number purchased.
Old 5th December 2008, 01:35 AM   #948
diyAudio Member

Carl, can you show some pictures of the chassis?
Old 5th December 2008, 01:50 AM   #949
diyAudio Member

No pictures or drawings to share as of yet. My conversation with the vendor was ballparked based on experience accompanied by a lot of hand waving. At some point there will be drawings. If there is interest here I will share them at that time.

Here is the heatsink profile. http://www.mmmetals.com/extrusions/drawings/MK62430.jpg
Old 5th December 2008, 02:59 AM   #950
diyAudio Member

I need a stereo chassis, is it possible to get a quote for a chassis with 2 heatsinks?

Hide this!Advertise here!