• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Re: searching components for best quality/price rate

AudioG said:
While I waited for the arrival of the pcbs, I am searching the components, so I have prepared a datasheet that could be useful to others.
Ciao, Giuseppe.

Giuseppe, your resistor values in the front end (R6 R7 R9 R10 etc) stray from Jens posted BOM, where you have specified 300R instead of 330R. Please explain this discrepancy.

As I'm ready to build up my first PCB, I need to know what effect (however marginal) this will have on function of the build.

Regards, Rob

Re: Re: searching components for best quality/price rate

rob3262 said:
Giuseppe, your resistor values in the front end (R6 R7 R9 R10 etc) stray from Jens posted BOM, where you have specified 300R instead of 330R. Please explain this discrepancy.
300r is specified by Leach and discussed in detail in the section covering linearity of the input stage and how degeneration influences this.

Hi Jens, Rob & AudioG,
There's nothing wrong with adopting 330r for 300r in the input stage, It's only 10% after all.

Rob asked, why AG reverted to 300r and it appeared that Rob had not bothered to read up on the Leach. Prof Leach gave us all this good design info for free and yet some refuse to read it.

Merry Christmas!

Hi All!

Just wanted to say I'm now home recuperating and everything is fine(except I have to stay off my foot for a few weeks-darned crutches!).
Thanks for the kind wishes.

Also, I got another pair of PCB's(since I'd already started soldering components on mine, I didn't have an empty board to use for indexing the heat sinks!), and all the heat sinks in the current order are spoken for.

I wish all my friends* here a Merry Christmas/Hanukkah, etc, and a Happy New Year!!

-Chas :hohoho:

*special greetings and thanks to Jens, Tad, Ray, Carl, Fred and Bill

AndrewT said:
Hi Jens, Rob & AudioG,
There's nothing wrong with adopting 330r for 300r in the input stage, It's only 10% after all.

Rob asked, why AG reverted to 300r and it appeared that Rob had not bothered to read up on the Leach. Prof Leach gave us all this good design info for free and yet some refuse to read it.
There's a lot of information to absorb on this project, and many sources for reference material. I will re-read Mr. Leach's documentation, thank you Andrew for pointing me back to this source.
With regards,

thermal track pcb

I noticed that the Thermal tracking diode PCB's in this latest group buy are plated thru-hole to unmasked pads on the bottom side.

As seen in the PCB photo on Jens' Delta-Audio website, the pads should have been omitted. These bottom side pads can short out to the heatsink when mounted.

So, best way to remove the pad? Take Exacto knife and scrape 'em off, or hit it with a hot iron until the pads lift?

rob3262,

Based on post 662 and 666, Tad and Bob mentioned that as long as the diode lead doesn't protrude, it should be fine. They didn't mention about the pads. See picture attached from Delta-Audio website. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• thermal_diodes.jpg
    thermal_diodes.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 328
The first batch of boards did not have pads on the bottom of the diode boards. It sounds like a manufacturing error since Tad just reordered - the first I've heard of from Advanced. Maybe they'll give us a break on the next buy.

I'll grind the pads off with a Dremel. If you have a sheet of mica or some Kapton tape, you can just insulate them.