• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Junie,
If you already have the boards and are willing to build a very
ROBUST power supply please buy On Semi or equivalent output devices. This design if properly built will last several DECADES. This is one of the most important places to spend money. The outputs do a lot of work and get hot if driven hard. Also, use a very good insulator under the transistor. Heat transfer is imperative. It will only hurt once in the initial buy.

Most of my ten output amps are running 75 to 85 volt rails. They never get hot. I have the bias set at 1 amp per rail with the fuse removed and my meter across the gap as discussed in the Marshall Leach website. Others use different methods to achieve bias, I chose to use this method. As I dialed up the bias the bass just came alive. I use a small screwdriver with a long wooden handle taped to it to keep me out of the live stuff when adjusting the pot. I also was careful to flow the solder to both sides of the board. Some of the devices have contact on the front/back and others on both sides. The frontend is very congested. Layout your build so you can solder the components without too much stress.

Tad

Been a long time since I've been on here. Hi to any I've missed.

Anyway, I recall drilling and tapping heatseanks for this very amp. It was at that time I realized I had an injury and could go no further. A couple years (!) later when I was feeling better I found new interests.

I just unearthed a box in the garage. Within is a set of partially completed Leach 10 transistor boards, A nice Mark Levinson (by powertronix) fully potted transformer, the heatsinks I was going to use, and some ON outputs new in the tube (got to through them)

I have no intententions to finish this and was going to stick the whole thing on ebay - but figured I'd pop in here first. Any interest?

Attachments

• DSCN1354.JPG
    DSCN1354.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN1351.JPG
    DSCN1351.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 306