• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Hi,

A very good reason for creating at board that requires a large heatsink is to force the builder to use a big enough heatsink to accommodate most of the different power supply voltages people can come up with.

This way people are not tempted to raise the power supply voltage on an amp with too small a heatsink.

I guess it is just (another) one of those things some people aren’t thinking about when complaints are made about the size of the PCB.

\\\Jens

My Leach heatsinks

Here is a picture of my heatsinks before I mill the faces.

Attachments

• leach heatsink 1.jpg
    leach heatsink 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 801
Rifa/Evox capacitor

I just got a quote from Mouser for the 100nf/250 volt capacitors used in Jens Leach board. They are Rifa/Evox mmk10104k250a01l4. I could not find these in singles from any of the usual sources. We can have them for 20 cents apiece. I will buy them --(1000) -- and distrubute if there is interest. You will need 13 for each board. Sounds like a good deal. Tad

I'm in for caps, too.

Tad, to save you a boatload of work I'd limit your group buys to parts that are difficult to find or only available/significantly cheaper in large quantities. Having kitted 500 or so PSU 2.2s, I know how much work it is.

Thanks for the board buy and offering caps.

Actually Rifa PHE426 .1uf/250V will be a better one. Mouser has Wima MKP10 which is good, too. Sure, a bit more expensive. Personally I would not mind making it a .22uf then I will have excellent MKP choices from Epcos and Vishay BC at Digikey.

Volume pricing is not bad for all above either.

Re: Rifa/Evox capacitor

tryonziess said:
I just got a quote from Mouser for the 100nf/250 volt capacitors used in Jens Leach board. They are Rifa/Evox mmk10104k250a01l4. I could not find these in singles from any of the usual sources. We can have them for 20 cents apiece. I will buy them --(1000) -- and distrubute if there is interest. You will need 13 for each board. Sounds like a good deal. Tad

hey Tad, can you get me 100 of those?

:D