• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Easy there Hags. It's not that hard. I posted the WIKI link early on in this thread. All you need to do is go to the page, scroll down and click the edit this page link. (you'll have to sign in again as a security precaution) Add your name and quantity as the others have done and fix up the total. Click the save button and you're done.

BobEllis said:
Easy there Hags. It's not that hard. I posted the WIKI link early on in this thread. All you need to do is go to the page, scroll down and click the edit this page link. (you'll have to sign in again as a security precaution) Add your name and quantity as the others have done and fix up the total. Click the save button and you're done.

Thanks, but how in the hell would anyone know to do that unless you hang out here all the time?
I've been expressing interest in this buy from the beginning and I may loose out because you have to go to some other page that's not mentioned.

BobEllis said:

I just signed in there. Not too user friendly, I can't figure it out.
Screw it.

The use of a WIKI makes it a lot easier for the person giving up his time to run a group buy - rather than have to scour the thread for numbers and have people he missed get upset, they are all there. Virtually all group buys here are run that way

Click the WIKI link on the diyaudio home page. There is a "how to do a wiki" tutorial.

Edit: Tad, AC will accept order increases, although you don't get the benefit of the higher quantity price when you do that. Congrats, you've got a winner here, 2 boards left in the original buy.

the wiki

I am about as uncomputer literate as they come. I had no idea how to make a wiki. I did however manage to get my own order on the page. I kept thinking if I have control here I will mess up for sure. Anyway I finally figured it out. That is what this entire process is all about learning new technology and enjoying the fruits of the many minor obstacles we conquer. If not for folks like Pinkmouse, AndrewT, Carlos, Nelson, Cordell, Jens and so many more with experience I would have given up long ago. Kudos to the founder of this forum and thanks.
For all of the folks who want boards. The final inspection of the zip file is not yet complete. So if I have to get 150 or 200 boards so be it. Let's just be patient. Tad

120 boards on the way

I have placed the order for 120 boards with Advanced Circuits. They will ship in 4 weeks. If you wish to email me with name, shipping address,number of boards wanted, e-mail address I will make a file for distribution. I am going to have to do some research on shipping charges and go to Kinkos and get some envelopes to ship these in. I will have some numbers sometime later next week. The final board price is 13.00 U.S. with new customer discount and waiving of tooling charges. I guess Paypal would be the best way to handle this. Anyone know what there percentage is??
Boards are already paid for so we should be soldering in about 6 weeks. Any suggestions to above topics gladly appreciated. Thanks Tad

Re: 120 boards on the way

tryonziess said:
I have placed the order for 120 boards with Advanced Circuits. They will ship in 4 weeks. If you wish to email me with name, shipping address,number of boards wanted, e-mail address I will make a file for distribution. I am going to have to do some research on shipping charges and go to Kinkos and get some envelopes to ship these in. I will have some numbers sometime later next week. The final board price is 13.00 U.S. with new customer discount and waiving of tooling charges. I guess Paypal would be the best way to handle this. Anyone know what there percentage is??
Boards are already paid for so we should be soldering in about 6 weeks. Any suggestions to above topics gladly appreciated. Thanks Tad

Paypal takes 3% right off the top. Since we have at least 4 weeks would you consider alternate forms of payment?
I can send you an address label already made out .
Also, a cheaper alternative would be to place the boards between two pieces of cardboard.
This is how I send photos and have never had a problem.
Padded envelopes tend to get beat up in my neck of the woods.
I appreciate the time and effort you and others have put in to make this possible.
THANKS!!!

leach boards

I do not really care how an individual pays for the boards. If you wisk to send a money order that is fine. I am going to have to figure out the shipping charge and paypal percetage and will post. They will be sent by mail. I have found for an item like this the post office is reliable and cheap. I plan on placing a cardboard insert into the package larger than the board to protect the corners. Does everyone agree that registered mail is necessary with proof of delivery. I assume that 2 standard rates, those within U.S. A. postal rate and an international rate should suffice for most of the postage.
I really want to build these amps. They looked so cool at Delta Audio all decked out. Nice big heavy pcb with lots of copper. Kinda like an old 50's car.
Anyway lets keep this alive and continue with the ideas. I have to start ordering parts to populate the board. Tad

Re: leach boards

tryonziess said:
I do not really care how an individual pays for the boards. If you wisk to send a money order that is fine. I am going to have to figure out the shipping charge and paypal percetage and will post. They will be sent by mail. I have found for an item like this the post office is reliable and cheap. I plan on placing a cardboard insert into the package larger than the board to protect the corners. Does everyone agree that registered mail is necessary with proof of delivery. I assume that 2 standard rates, those within U.S. A. postal rate and an international rate should suffice for most of the postage.
I really want to build these amps. They looked so cool at Delta Audio all decked out. Nice big heavy pcb with lots of copper. Kinda like an old 50's car.
Anyway lets keep this alive and continue with the ideas. I have to start ordering parts to populate the board. Tad

I don't think registered mail is necessary, Priority mail with delivery confirmation is probably the most efficient as well as quickest way to ship USPS here in the U.S.
I am also anxious to build these amps. I have an Avel 800VA transformer sitting here collecting dust.
Any ideas for the chassis and heatsinks?
If you would email me with your address so I can send payment as well as an address label I would appreciate it.