• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Hi Jens, thanks. Like Bob says...

tryonziess said:
Bob, Those prices are great. If we can submit the order that way it leaves every option open. Buy just what you need.
I wonder if there is any way Advanced Circuits would group price as one large order taking into consideration the overall total.
At least the individual boards per member can be compiled and shipped as one. Tad

I echo the sentiment considering the low demand for tweeter board

- Rob

Alan, you are correct - you'll need 2 front ends and two output stages to make a stereo amp.

The price is per board. So, yes double it for stereo.

Note that it is rough pricing, based on the board size and a quantity that we have not yet reached. Final pricing could be a little higher, but within a dollar or so.

Jens has been busy (are congratulations in order?) but will generate the gerber files as his free time allows so we can nail down the pricing.

Status udate -

Jens sent me gerbers for the front end and extended and super Leach output stages. I've submitted them to Advanced Circuits for quote. We should have numbers later today.

The tweeter boards may not happen, as Jens is in the final week preparing for his new long term project. :cheerful:

Jens - Thanks for everything you've given us. :worship: :worship: :worship:

No surprise, Jens' board designs passed Advanced Circuits' design checks.

All boards are .062" FR4. Front end is 1 oz copper, outputs 2 oz copper. Green boards, white silkscreen

At current production levels, it looks like pricing will be as follows (allowing for shipping to TAD, packing materials, prototyping costs,a small contribution to DIYAudio, etc.):

Front end: $8 each
Extended output: $12.50
Super amp output: $15.75

Output board prices can drop a dollar each if we get more than 100 of a type. The front end only drops around $.20 if we get over 225. I suggest that we keep the price steady and donate the leftovers.

Shipping to you will be added to the per board cost..

I'll order a few prototype boards shortly if we are ready to go forward.

Oops - late night posting, I misread the quote and forgot to add tooling costs ($209 per board).

The front end and extended output fit into the $33 each special, so we can split prototyping costs for those two boards. The super amp output stage will need to be prototyped separately.

Revised pricing:

Front end: $9

Extended output: $14.50

Super Amp output: $18

Output stage pricing is very quantity sensitive. Assuming that we end up with somewhere over 100 of each we ought to be able to drop the unit cost a dollar or so - not that they are terrible now for a Jens designed board.

Please update the wiki with your choice(s) of output stages That will allow us to finalize pricing and move forward.

Hi guys, this is my first time signing up on wiki page in regards to this project. I heard that this project of Jens is really good with the combination of his active filter design and that got my attention. I want to do some experimentation. BTW, where do I send my payments for the board?
Can somebody walk me through how to adjust the Idle current on VR P101 and where to point my multimeter leads. I checked the delta audio website but I didn't fine this adjustment. I don't have a scope but I might buy one in the future. Sorry for the stupid question, I'm just a rookie.:smash: Thanks...

A great deal on how to build this amplifier can be found at the Leach Low Tim amplifier site. It goes into detail on the original amp and the superamp, of which this group buy is part of.
When the pcb's become available after delivery from Advanced Circuits a notice will be placed in this thread. You will then be instructed to E-mail your full name, address, and any other necessary information to the person handling the group buy.
Most payments will be handled by Paypal, though money orders and western union will also work. upon receipt of payment the boards will be shipped out to you.
I started this current group buy for the original Jens 10 output pcb. It has grown to include this new layout. Bob Ellis, Jens have put a great deal of effort into getting this new design together.
Place your requested number of pcb's on the wiki and stay tuned things are happening fast now. Tad

gtforme00 said:
Is it possible to use the 10 transistor board, but only populate 2*N number of transistors? Say 4 if one needed a lower power amp, or 6, or 8?

That would make the decision of which board to use rather trivial.

Regards,
David

An early post from this group buy - As it appears that the tweeter amp won't happen (and I'm fine with that), this is a good question for some.
Maybe somebody can comment on pros vs cons of 10 devices (overkill) for a tweeter amplifier. My biggest concern would be noise at idle (as I listen to my NAD 216's hissing away).

If there are no real cons to using all ten devices, I can't imagine cost would stop me from populating the board fully.

Thanks,
Rob

I ordered a set of boards with the $33 special that include the front end and extended (standard) output stage. Jens put both on a single panel. The super output and front end just barely exceeds the $33 special board size limit.

I'll try to get the super Leach output stage ordered next week.

I don't have time, so I need a volunteer to build up a board to verify that it works as designed. A scope and signal generator would be helpful to check for oscillations and square wave response. PM me please.

attachment.php
is the most recent image that Jens has posted. I'll try to get a clean copy of the layout to post.