• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F4 matched FET's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:
OK, probably dumb question:

Are the IRFP240 matched only to each other or are they also matched to the IRFP9240?

I have a pile of matched IRFP240's so if they don't need to be matched also to the IRFP9240's, then I only need IRF9240's. Cuts my cost in half!

upper half- 3 matched

lower half - 3 matched

you can match all 6, but only if you are paranoic ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:
Only a paranoid schitzoprenic (sp) would then match upper , lower AND the two balanced? :dead: :whazzat: :crazy:

I'm doing a balanced version of the Choky two-step.
(2 mosfets per board) : 4 boards for stereo.

Looks like I don't have to match anything!!!

Apologies to the various Paranoid- Schitzoprenic members....

ya mean two mini F4s (balanced) per channel?

yup- in that case you don't need even same spk cable lenghts :clown:

Total interest so far...19 sets! nearly half way.

I looked for the TL431...I gan get them for 0,07 euro I will throw them in for free...

So 2 TL431 is included for each set of fets.

If the 2SK370 is substituted by the 2SK170 and the 2SJ108 by the 2SJ74, I can add then for 1,66euro.

So the complete Q-pack 35 euro.
6x IRF240
6x IRF9240
1x TL431
2x2SK170
2xSJ74

Tarasque said:
Total interest so far...19 sets! nearly half way.

I looked for the TL431...I gan get them for 0,07 euro I will throw them in for free...

So 2 TL431 is included for each set of fets.

If the 2SK370 is substituted by the 2SK170 and the 2SJ108 by the 2SJ74, I can add then for 1,66euro.

So the complete Q-pack 35 euro.
6x IRF240
6x IRF9240
1x TL431
2x2SK170
2xSJ74

I'm in :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.