• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Last PAS PS mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am new. Joined becos' I decided to resurrect my old love for tube audio. I have a set of 25+ years old Dynaco PAS3 and Stereo70 that I want to upgrade.

I found the following thread in diyAudio:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64915&perpage=10&pagenumber=3

I am hoping that the PCBs are still available. Please contact me if anyone have sources of new PCBs and circuits for the PAS3.

I want to upgrade the PS and the line stage. Not interested in the phono stage since I don't see myself using vinyl any more.

Thank you!

The thing to be careful about is the really, really wimpy transformers that Dynaco used in the PAS. I've smoked more than one of 'em by pulling enough current to run the circuitry and a regulator. Removing the phono stage will definitely help in this regard.

Welcome to the forum. There's a VERY active tube community here.

Hey Sy,

Is it possible to upgrade a PAS 3 without replacing the boards? Say, just the passive components? And recently I was given two bushel baskets of tubes. I have 14 NOS 6SN7's would the Akido line stage work with the PAS 3 phono stage? I have a tired PAT4 chassis and I don't think the Akido line stage and the Akido phono stage would both fit in that chassis.

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.