• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
3W resistors

I noticed that Digikey no longer carries 3W Panasonic (or any other brand) resistors under 10ohms now - has anyone else been able to find a source for the bigger resistors needed to build an F3?

I've been looking at my boards lately but cannot find the ones I need.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: 3W resistors

twitchie said:
I noticed that Digikey no longer carries 3W Panasonic (or any other brand) resistors under 10ohms now - has anyone else been able to find a source for the bigger resistors needed to build an F3?

I've been looking at my boards lately but cannot find the ones I need.

The bubble gum blue resistors are still around at Digikey.
They are listed under Metal Film now, which I think has changed.

P0.47W-3BK-ND
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P0.47W-3BK-ND

1 ohmers.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P1.0W-3BK-ND
Happy Soldering.

F3 PCB Boards

Peter, are you still looking for PCB board buyers for the f3 clone ? I'm in for two PS and two amps. I built Nelson's Pearl phono and it works great. I am ready for a new challenge. I have also been charmed by the sound of small tube amps driving Quad ESL's since I sold my M&A TVA-10 in the eighties....is this (finally) the solid state answer ?? Having heard a Yamaha B-1 way back when, color me intrigued.

By the way, where do you work at Boeing ? I'm in engineering in STL in Advanced Systems. I have been trying to get NP some GaN H-FETs from HRL, but no luck yet, (Imagine a F3-type with 200 watts power using one device per channel !). I'm still working it, but the price for the devices might be prohibitive until the Chevy Volt goes into production.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: F3 PCB Boards

dcbingaman said:
Peter, are you still looking for PCB board buyers for the f3 clone ? I'm in for two PS and two amps. I built Nelson's Pearl phono and it works great. I am ready for a new challenge. I have also been charmed by the sound of small tube amps driving Quad ESL's since I sold my M&A TVA-10 in the eighties....is this (finally) the solid state answer ?? Having heard a Yamaha B-1 way back when, color me intrigued.

By the way, where do you work at Boeing ? I'm in engineering in STL in Advanced Systems. I have been trying to get NP some GaN H-FETs from HRL, but no luck yet, (Imagine a F3-type with 200 watts power using one device per channel !). I'm still working it, but the price for the devices might be prohibitive until the Chevy Volt goes into production.

dcbingaman

Check this link out - the group buy for F-series modules.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133531&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

:santa2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.