• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 mono block

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Upupa Epops said:
Very nice and clean construction, Alex... But try to think about different input amp - DRV 134 have little bit " synthetic " sound...

I agree with this as well. What would you suggest Upupa? I would prefer discrete circuit, or even better tube. If Lundahl or Jensen could be used that would be the best and the simplest solution in my mind. They are around $ 90.00 last I checked.

For transformer at input you need to match impedance on both side. i.e. you need a low output impedance pre-amp (likely a active one) and a high input impedance at the PA150 PCB (which you need to change the 10k/200k resistors combo)

Don't worry about the magic number "40" I think we are close enough.

Member # of boards
========================
HIPCHECK 6-10
Tryonziess 8
Alexcd 8
Analogdiy 6-8

Total : 28-34

hey guys, just figured id let you know, I have talked to Alexw88 about getting started finding all the parts needed for the amp.

so far I will donate all 1% smd reesistors needed to parrallel the amps

If the 10uf solen is used for al the amps than we can get them @ $2.75 each x100 units. (avg price is $4.00 ish)

I would also like to know (and Im sure opinions will vary) what elec caps everybody would like. Panasonics FM/FC? Elna? Nichiconc? etc.

Is everybody happy with the Wimas (mkp?) (0.1uf)

Im waiting on an email about the 50k trimpots.

I would prefer to keep this OT, but if a parts order was made it would require some discussion of parts.

I have checked the shipping cost to US :

Shipping weight : 40g per PCB. Packing is about 150g.

Hong Kong Post Registered Air mail
- estimated 2-4 weeks delivery (+ customs clearance time if any)
- 6 PCBs at USD 7.5
- 8 PCBs at USD 9
- 10 PCBs at USD 10

Hong Kong Speedpost
Speedpost online rate calculator
- estimated 2-4 days delivery (+ customs clearance time if any)
- 6 PCBs at USD 15.5
- 8 PCBs at USD 15.5
- 10 PCBs at USD 21

Re: PCB's

Tex Houston said:
Hi there. Could i use your boards for a stereo set up? I'm imagining an amp utilising 3 LM3886 per side in a dual mono configuration. If that is feasible I would certainly be keen on a couple of boards.

Yes, you can do this. That means you just do parallel with no bridging.

HIPCHECK said:
so 4 boards it is, sorry to blow up the count then lower it down.

No problem :) btw, any update on your parts search?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.